sat strength and transponders?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hobojoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 8, 2006
so caif usa
everytime i see a post about signal strength i think of what transponder are they talking about. some are quite high some are not even working. does any one know what transponders are truly dead. and which ones are preferred to see the signal strength for that sat? and is there a up to date list of satellite-transponder-channel list? :hatsoff: thanks!

:hatsoff: wow that's FANTASTIC!!!:clap now witch transponders do you recommend to use to peak a dish? thanks for that page!

well, we use to say 11 & 12 but on 110 TP12 is spotbeam (only projectd to specific areas) so it may read high or none

11 is the best

hobojoe said:
:hatsoff: wow that's FANTASTIC!!!:clap now witch transponders do you recommend to use to peak a dish? thanks for that page!
11 & 12 for 119, 11 & 22 for 110. Used to be 11 & 12 for both, but 110-12 is now a spotbeam. Never use a spotbeam for peaking (several reasons). I always check both odd & even to ensure there's no cable issues with the DishPro high-band (even transponders are at 1650-2150MHz on the wire).

EDIT: Iceberg - you beat me by one minute, but I explained more. :D

home transponders

sat 119 home transpnders to check signal strength are t/19 and t/20.
sat 110 t/20 and t/21. Once you get good signal strength on these transponders, run the ck sw to lock it into your switch matrix.

Practically speaking, 'home' transponder for each satellite should be that what is spooling software, because most initial setups going with new receivers. If you interesting I could post a table.

:hatsoff: grate info guys! yes the table would be interesting to see. if a day goes by you don't learn something new your not living. i never pass up a opportunity to learn something new.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)