Sat tv for the 5th wheel

Tap Rack Fire

Original poster
Jun 3, 2011
Oklahoma
We like to have sat tv when we go camping. We use to have direct tv and I would deploy the dish next to the 5th wheel and run two lines into the camper to watch tv in the living and bedroom. I had to cut direct tv off because they were very hard to deal with on turning the account on and off. We only used ours for the summer.

But now I've found the pay as you go with Dish Network. With the Pay as You Go, I have to buy all the equipment but my question is, do I have to buy the equipment from them or can I buy it from independent companies on the web? Second, what do i need to buy? I have seen several different dishes and receivers.

I think I only need a dish, a two receivers. I like to keep it simple. Can anyone suggest the items I need and a place to buy?

Thanks for your help,

Tap

Hi Tap and :welcometo Sat Guys!! The equipment for the Dish Network Pay As You Go account can be purchased through any local retailer. Depending on your TV set up, you can get a Duo receiver. It is one freceiver that work 2 TV's independently. It can be SD or HD. The HD Duo receiver would be HD at TV1 and SD at TV2. If you are wanting HD on both TV's then you would need a second HD receiver box which would be an additional $7.00 a month. If you would like some assistance finding a local retailer, just let me know you zip code and I can PM some information to you! Thank you and have a great night!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts