Sat TV in SW Mexico ?

markmexico

Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
Ixtapa Mexico
Good afternoon. I am completely new to this web site and it's various sections/forums. Please forgive me if I am in the 'wrong' area for my question.

I have recently completed a new residence here in Ixtapa, Mexico, (West coast, 500 mi south of Vallarta) and am now in the process of furnishing it etc and part of this is trying to obtain what I consider to be decent TV choices. I am not impressed with what is easily and commonly available here in Mexico.

I am NOT looking for bootleg sat TV. I am more than willing to pay the initial and monthly subscription fees. I am hoping to be able to obtain the equipment necessary (if available) to enjoy Direct TV, Star Choice, or other network usually available in Canada or the US.

I would appreciate anyone's advice and or any information as to how to go about my project.

Thanks in advance, guys

Mark

Star Choice in SW Mexico

I am located in Acapulco, which is further south than Ixtapa, so if Star Choice works good here it will work well there.

I bought a condo in the AcaCondos (www acacondos com) building and all their suites come with Star Choice HDTV satellite installed. They just use the standard Star Choice Elliptical dish (the larger one) and it works fine. Get signal strength in the 70s. The only time it doesn't work is when it rains hard, which, as you know, is very very rare in these parts.

As for subscribing to Star Choice, if you aren't Canadian, just get a mailing address in Canada (open a PO Box or something)... either that or there are a few services online that will subscribe to it for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)