Satcom C-4 Retired

Status
Please reply by conversation.
When did this happen i was on C4 a few minutes ago.. i dont see how thats possible im watching it now again. discovery channel 21.

Last edited:
When did this happen i was on C4 a few minutes ago.. i dont see how thats possible im watching it now again. discovery channel 21.
You're watching Discovery Channel on AMC 18, which is at the same location as C4 was, and broadcasting the same stations as C4 was.

What were you watching on Satcom C-4? There has not been permanent feeds on that satellite for years.

Discovery channel has not been on Satcom C-4 for a long time, please do not confuse Sacom C-4 with AMC-10, do not pay any attention to the nick name Motorola gives the satellites on the 4dtv, if you do you will be lost in space.

Totally ridiculous that they didn't just call them by their location instead of a letter and number.

What do you do when you have multiple sats at the same orbital location?

First, the IRD doesnt care if there are 10 satellites in the same Orbital postion - so 101W will always be 101 - not MAST-2, AMC-4, G4R, G16 etc.

If it was important to the techies, it could always be referred to as 101A, 101B, 101C etc - but again, that is worthless info for the IRD to display as it can't do anything with that info.

If you honestly believe that calling 97W G25 or IA3 is easier to remember than calling it 97, then I don't know what to say.

As tdti1 noted above:

please do not confuse Sacom C-4 with AMC-10, do not pay any attention to the nick name Motorola gives the satellites on the 4dtv, if you do you will be lost in space.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts