Satelite Dish Not Needed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Brightidea

Original poster
Oct 27, 2011
Ontario
I have a 20 year old antenna on my house which is about 50' high and it is connected to a channel master in my basement. I had Bell Express Vu and the dish is on the opposite end of my house. Can I connect the indoor wire in my living room to the Bell Cable wires. I have three rooms on the main floor wired to the Bell Dish. It would seem that the Bell Dish stops the signal. Can I remove the dish and use a barrel connector outside? I have 3 annalog tv's connected to a digital flow through converter boxes. It would seem a waste of the cable not to be able to use it. Right now I have a long, long, long cable from the basement (a two way splitter has been used) to my bedroom, another two way splitter to my son's room and another two way splitter to my kitchen. Help and advice is appreciated.

Too many wires in Ontario.

I have a 20 year old antenna on my house which is about 50' high and it is connected to a channel master in my basement. I had Bell Express Vu and the dish is on the opposite end of my house. Can I connect the indoor wire in my living room to the Bell Cable wires. I have three rooms on the main floor wired to the Bell Dish. It would seem that the Bell Dish stops the signal. Can I remove the dish and use a barrel connector outside? I have 3 annalog tv's connected to a digital flow through converter boxes. It would seem a waste of the cable not to be able to use it. Right now I have a long, long, long cable from the basement (a two way splitter has been used) to my bedroom, another two way splitter to my son's room and another two way splitter to my kitchen. Help and advice is appreciated.

Too many wires in Ontario.
Would you please try asking your question again I find it confusing?

yes you can use the existing satellite wire and connect your OTA antenna to it. If that makes it easier for you instead of rerunning cables by all means use that. I did when I added a 2nd antenna. I had a cable already run from a dish. Just used that cable and redid the wiring inside :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)