Satellite 103 question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ghc37

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
I was looking at all of my satellite strength signals and I noticed satellite 103 has a 103 (s), 103 (ca), and 103 (cb). What are the differances? 103 (s) didnt have a very strong signal, about 50 %. Maybe its spotbeam for locals? Maybe it does not apply to my area, Benton Arkansas 72019. Anyone know? All other signals looked good 80-100%

I was looking at all of my satellite strength signals and I noticed satellite 103 has a 103 (s), 103 (ca), and 103 (cb). What are the differances? 103 (s) didnt have a very strong signal, about 50 %. Maybe its spotbeam for locals? Maybe it does not apply to my area, Benton Arkansas 72019. Anyone know? All other signals looked good 80-100%

You are correct, the (s) is for spot beams.

IF D* covers your area with locals, you should have a transponder in the 90's, the rest are low because they don't cover your area.

Looks like your in the Little Rock area and D* does cover your area, so if 50 is the highest, you need to have the dish peaked. Just the fine tuning actually.

The (a) and (b) is the original sat and the new sat that went up earlier this year.

You are correct, the (s) is for spot beams.

IF D* covers your area with locals, you should have a transponder in the 90's, the rest are low because they don't cover your area.

Looks like your in the Little Rock area and D* does cover your area, so if 50 is the highest, you need to have the dish peaked. Just the fine tuning actually.

The (a) and (b) is the original sat and the new sat that went up earlier this year.

His locals could be on 99s, not 103s.

Did I say otherwise ? :confused:

No, but you said if his signal strengths are 50 or lower he needs to repeak the dish, but there was no reference to 99s where he could have good ss if his locals are there. The bottom line is, is the op having reception issues? What are your signal strengths on 99s ghc37?

99s has good signal. All of my channels are good. I was just curious. I don't really know what sat my locals come from. This info should be somewhere?

99s has good signal. All of my channels are good. I was just curious. I don't really know what sat my locals come from. This info should be somewhere?

Are you getting locals from D*, if so what city ?

I found it.

Your locals should be on the 99 sat tp 15.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)