Satellite 110 Transponder 20

moss

Original poster
Nov 20, 2006
Any suggestions before I try to tweek pointing of dish? I can't lock transponder 20 on 110. I get everything around it at 80+ but not one thing on 20.

Thanks,

Are the DFW HD locals not on T20? That what a DISH service rep told me. Where does one find what channels are each transponder? Thanks for any assistance?

I'm trying to view these stations:

hd.gif
WFAA DT (ABC) Dallas, TXWFAA638331s21110°E*10 LOCAL - Dallas (6*)(DD)
hd.gif
KTVT DT (CBS) Dallas, TXKTVT638431s21110°E*10 LOCAL - Dallas (6*)(DD)
hd.gif
KXAS DT (NBC) Dallas, TXKXAS638531s21110°E*10 LOCAL - Dallas (6*)(DD)
hd.gif
KDFW DT (Fox) Dallas, TXKDFW638631s21110°E*10 LOCAL - Dallas (6*)(DD)

The channels are listed in my guide but I do not get a picture. When I go to dish point and set to sat 110 and transponder 31 I get a 80 signal strength. Does that mean I should be getting a picture?

Thanks again,

Spotbeams

Are the DFW HD locals not on T20? That what a DISH service rep told me. Where does one find what channels are each transponder? Thanks for any assistance?
There are spotbeams that runs off of T 20 are for Spokane, WA (HD), Sacramento, CA, Omaha, NE,. Des Moines, IA., Memphis, TN., Hartford, CT., Sherman & Tyler, TX., Flint & Lansing, MI., NY, NJ, Atlanta, GA, and some of DFW. Everywhere else off that multi-spotbeam transponder will show nothing for signal strength. Unless you are in one of these areas the system will show nothing. He didn't say where he lives nor does his user name show where he lives. My fault I didn't ask,sorry about that. DFW HD is off T 31. This is the reason when we submit a profile we are asked where we live. It gives info that will help in troubleshooting. Dallas HD is on T 31 spotbeam 21. 80 should get a picture. (stupid question) You are signed up for LIL for Dallas?
Here is link to where all E* channels are. http://www.dishchannelchart.com/

Last edited:
I live in the panhandle of Texas near Amarillo. I just called DISH and their rep said that the Dallas HD locals are off of T 20? When I check the excel spreadsheet it says 31s21? I get no signal strength for T20 (but 80+ on T19 and T21) and I get about 74 on T31. I do not get a picture on the HD locals, just a black screen and no "check switch" message. Thanks again for the assistance.

No signal for AMARILLO

I live in the panhandle of Texas near Amarillo. I just called DISH and their rep said that the Dallas HD locals are off of T 20? When I check the excel spreadsheet it says 31s21? I get no signal strength for T20 (but 80+ on T19 and T21) and I get about 74 on T31. I do not get a picture on the HD locals, just a black screen and no "check switch" message. Thanks again for the assistance.
I live in Lubbock S of you and get nada on T 20> you are way to far away from the Dallas spot to see anything. I have spoken w/ others about something like this and found out that right now I might be able to get a signal using a 1 meter dish. I wanted to use the address of my relatives in the area to get Dallas HD's But was told in the next few weeks E will be turning on another spot that will knock out any bled over even w/ a large dish. Transponder that will destroy any signal I could pick up now. So I have now blown it off. Here is a link to the spotbeams. For 20 goes to the E-10 tp 20 PDF map. You will notice that the spotbeam gets nowhere close to Amarillo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts