Satellite alignment meters (positive ID)

Dirk_McGherkin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 21, 2006
Hey all,

I just got the Birdog 3.0 this week and then, while scanning NACE for distribution amps & switches I came across a couple of meters by Spaun that I hadn't heard of before.

I'd like to know if anyone has had experience with the Spaun meters because this one (don't know wholesale cost yet) only costs about double @ retail but has a couple of features that I think would be good...

Check it out & let me know what you think. I like the Spaun brand and know they make quality switches and am interested in this meter:

http://assets.twacomm.com/assets/pdf/32604.pdf

Spaun USA Satellite Signal Meter - Spaun USA SSM2500F - TWAcomm.com, Inc.

The birdog is nice but I think it'd be helpful to ID the satellite you're on, not Go/No Go for the satellite you're looking for (spaun does both - I THINK: "ID the satellite by "align-to-lock" or "automatic scan"").

I have the channel master dual & used to take single LNBs onto the roof & align 119 & 110 in a single bound.

I'm looking for something more though, something to make it even faster & better.

I ordered a batch of the dish 1000 w/ the triple LNB & had trouble locating 129, so I got the adapter that lets me use 3 individual LNBs & run them to the DPP44 switches. I'm planning on connecting the Channel Master dual to two of the LNBs & the Birdog to the last. Birdog says locked I'll peak them all at once & be done with it.

But enough about me... back to the sat buddy - thumbs up?

I have the channel master dual & used to take single LNBs onto the roof & align 119 & 110 in a single bound.

I'm looking for something more though, something to make it even faster & better.

I ordered a batch of the dish 1000 w/ the triple LNB & had trouble locating 129, so I got the adapter that lets me use 3 individual LNBs & run them to the DPP44 switches. I'm planning on connecting the Channel Master dual to two of the LNBs & the Birdog to the last. Birdog says locked I'll peak them all at once & be done with it.

But enough about me... back to the sat buddy - thumbs up?

yeah, its the best if you wanted something with possitive IDs. make sure you have it updated,,, and make sure you enter your zip code when you are peaking it,, so it will use the right stop beam... you can contact scott from AA Applied Instruments,

I got the super buddy today - it sure feels like a quality instrument. I checked out the training dvd & checked it out on my personal dish.

The training DVD was very informative and helpful deciphering the dBm, explaining C/N, signal strength/quality etc, also helpful in providing instruction & tips on today's more complex (3-5 LNB dishes) systems.

the unit also seems very intuitive, although I read the instructions 4-5 times before the meter even came.

Maybe not a must for the casual home installer, but for my apps it should be nice.

I got the super buddy today - it sure feels like a quality instrument. I checked out the training dvd & checked it out on my personal dish.

The training DVD was very informative and helpful deciphering the dBm, explaining C/N, signal strength/quality etc, also helpful in providing instruction & tips on today's more complex (3-5 LNB dishes) systems.

the unit also seems very intuitive, although I read the instructions 4-5 times before the meter even came.

Maybe not a must for the casual home installer, but for my apps it should be nice.

when you peak the dish in make sure you look at the meter bar, dont go by the number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)