Satellite AV Introduces New WellAV UMH160 Commerial Rack Mount MPEG 2/4 IRD with 4:2:2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
12063.jpg

Satellite AV is proud to announce a new distribution partnership for the new WellAV UMH-160 and the WellAV UMH-160 IP rack mount receiver models.
The UMH160 is feature packed IRD yet economically priced at only $800 and the UMH160 IP adds Internet Protocol In/Out streaming for only $1260.

These reasonably priced commercial receivers provide the features, function and reliability of IRDs that typically cost 4 or 5 times more. We have tested the WellAV products for over a year and have found them to be of exceptional quality, extremely reliable in even the harshest environments.

The Well AV UMH 160 models are capable of receiving signals from variable program sources including DVBS, S2, DVBT, DVBC, DVB-ASI, QPSK, QAM and COFDM. Output interfaces include CVBS, YPbPr, HDMI, AES/EBU, HD/SD SDI and ASI. Satellite AV has worked with the manufacturer to add Closed Captioning via EIA-608 in addition to the previously available VBI teletext, EBU subtitle and DVB subtitle processing.

Standard Features:

• Fully compliant with H. 264/MPEG-4-AVC HP@L4, MPEG-2 MP@HL, MPEG-2 MP@ML, DVB-S/-T/-C, support for 4:2:2 and 4:2:0 chroma and ASI transport stream input and output
  • 2 Common Interface (CI) for descrambling major CAS including Irdeto, Viaccess, Conax, Mediaguard, Nagravision, Comvenient/Betacrypt, CTI, etc.
  • Compatible with Multi-decrypt CI Modules
  • Program filtering support
  • Closed Captioning via EIA-608, VBI teletext, EBU subtitle and DVB subtitle processing
  • Support NTSC, PAL and SECAM
  • YPbPr and CVBS outputs
  • HDMI output
  • AES/EBU Digital Audio output
  • HD/SD SDI video output with digital audio embedded
  • Full control via front panel or Network Management Software (NMS)
  • Software upgradeable via NMS

Specifications:
DVB-S/S2 Inputs
Constellation: QPSK, 8PSK
Symbol Rate: 1-45 Mbps
FEC: All rations compliant with standard
Signal Level: -65 ~ -25 dBm
DVB-ASI Input
Connector: 1 x BNC 75 ohm
Packet Length: 188 and 204 byte packets
TS Max bitrate: 72 Mbps
Conditional Access
Interface: 2 x CI slots
CA Methods: Multicrypt, Simulcrypt
CAS: Conax, Irdeto, Viacess, Nagravision, etc.
Video/Audio Outputs
CVBS: 2 x 1 BNC, 1 RCA
Component: 1 x YPbPr
HDMI: 1 x HDCP, 720p and 1080i)
HD/SD-SDI: 2 x with embedded digital audio
Audio: 1 x AES/EBU digital audio output
DVB-ASI Outputs
Connector: 2 x BNC 75 ohm
Packet Length: 188 byte packets
TS Max Bit Rate: 72 Mbps
Video and Audio Decoding
Video decoding formats: MPEG-2 and H.264, SD and HD
Video formats: 480i, 480p, 576i, 720p, 1080i
Analog output: PAL, NTSC, SECAM
Audio decoding:2 stereo pairs audio decoding
MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 Layer I and II
Control & Monitoring
Local: Front panel operation – LCD display, Control keys
Remote: Remote Web-based management via Ethernet (TCP/IP)
Physical & Power
Input Voltage: AC 90V ~ 240V, 50/60 Hz
Power Consumption: 30W
Dimensions:1 RU 19 inch rack
19” (W) x 10.8” (D) x 1.7” (H)
484mm x 274mm x 44mm
Weight: 8.14 lbs. (3.7 Kg.)
Certifications: FCC, CE, RoHS

Click here to download UMH-160_Product Specification Sheet.pdf

Click here to download UMH-160 HD-IRD Manual.pdf

Want to learn more about the WellAV UMH160 series receivers? Visit Satellite AV and view the Commercial Products category today!

Looks to be a real nice unit.

Tron said:
Great receiver, but I could buy 6 microHDs for that price instead

Commercial and headend requirements are not met by set top boxes. The 24/7 operation with 100% uptime expectation will never be met by a consumer STB. Buy the right tool for the job......

Is SARADEC2 even in production yet?

Is SARADEC2 even in production yet?

No, it is a product announcement. Next NAB we will learn if it was vaporware or if anyone develops or builds on the chipset. At this point it is partially functional and full of promise, but certainly nothing that anyone would release into the commercial market.

Yeah was just reading that on another website. It said they will give out some samples in late April.

Yep... We prefer to sell commercial items that have been in production so we can test over an extended period of time. Commercial environments can be quite demanding and we need to be sure that products are robust and will not have issues.

Look at the video,what the ntt manager says....mass production starts june ,but....:popcorn

About the WellAv,
ST-DSP are able todo 4:2:2?Doesn t know,that they build also non-consumer versions.

Maybe the frontend is ST based,so it should be possible to use an
"enhanced" demodulator chip for it.
This unit i would buy immediately for tests.;)

I can't get link to work here.

Checked it on my iphone after your post and it worked..... Not sure why the link was dead for you???

Who knows it is working fine now. I tried several times and made sure other sites were loading before I posted. Oh well one of those weird things...:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)