Satellite dB Strength

JFOK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
Cape Cod - MA.
Hi All,
It’s a good day here on Cape Cod to do some dish tweaking.
I was wondering what some of my fellow Dish owners in the Northeast (for location accuracy) are getting for dB readings on some satellites. This will help me determine if my dish is working to its full potential. I’m just concentrating on C Band right now.
107w the CTV mux, I receive at 14.1 dB.
105w the NBC mux, I receive at 13.1 dB.
99w the Luken mux, I receive at 15.1 dB.
91w the encrypted CW mux, I receive at 14.9 dB.
These are just a few of the satellites I receive with my 8 foot solid dish.
Thanks in advance for any info. Enjoy your Labor Day.
John

Hi All,

Are there any BUD owners in the Northeast that can assist me with some signal strength numbers just to give me an idea how my dish is doing in comparison to others ?
Numbers from any satellite I listed in my first post, would be helpful.
Thanks.
John

Hi All,

Are there any BUD owners in the Northeast that can assist me with some signal strength numbers just to give me an idea how my dish is doing in comparison to others ?
Numbers from any satellite I listed in my first post, would be helpful.
Thanks.
John

John,

On my 10 foot mesh SAMI w/ Titanium C2-PLL lnbf and Edision MIO 4K Plus I am getting the following here in Central PA.

107.3W CTV 14.3dB to 14.5dB
105W NBC 11.8db
99W LESEA 14.0dB

I don't have the CW mux scanned in on 91W but do have these:

BYU 16.4dB
Classic Arts 13.6dB
Jewelry TV 13.2dB

To be honest I have not tuned this dish since just before last winter so not sure how useful my readings are to you but still wanted to reply. Seems like you are doing pretty well though! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: JFOK
Where is this Luken mux on 99W? I looked at the Lyngsat and tvrosat sites and neither shows a Luken mux on 99W.

FTA4PA,
Thanks for your response, it’s a big help and much appreciated.
Guess my dish is doing as well as can be expected...I’m pleased.
Take care and stay healthy.
John

Reactions: FTA4PA
John,

On my 10 foot mesh SAMI w/ Titanium C2-PLL lnbf and Edision MIO 4K Plus I am getting the following here in Central PA.

107.3W CTV 14.3dB to 14.5dB
105W NBC 11.8db
99W LESEA 14.0dB

I don't have the CW mux scanned in on 91W but do have these:

BYU 16.4dB
Classic Arts 13.6dB
Jewelry TV 13.2dB

To be honest I have not tuned this dish since just before last winter so not sure how useful my readings are to you but still wanted to reply. Seems like you are doing pretty well though! :)
N.C. PA here.

OS MIO 4K, C2-W LNBF

107.3W CTV 15.1dB
105W NBC 14.0db
99W LESEA 17.3dB

91W:

BYU 16.6dB
Classic Arts 15.7dB
Jewelry TV 12.8dB

Reactions: JFOK and FTA4PA
Arlo,
Thanks for your response... much appreciated.
You’re getting some strong numbers... how big is your dish ?
John

Oh, a 12 footer - me and my 10 foot mesh were feeling a bit ashamed for a second there. :rollingeyes Still, I think I need to do some tweaking before heading into winter. ;)
A bunch of guy's here steered me in the right direction in getting my polar mount and LNBF playing nice together.
I settled on the weak tp's on 103W. Alternated between H & V tp's for a happy medium. That's where I left it.
Too many danged leaves to grab a usable signal on 131W right now.

Reactions: FTA4PA
A bunch of guy's here steered me in the right direction in getting my polar mount and LNBF playing nice together.
I settled on the weak tp's on 103W. Alternated between H & V tp's for a happy medium. That's where I left it.
Too many danged leaves to grab a usable signal on 131W right now.
I used to be able to 'see' to 125W but the neighbor's trees on the hill above me have grown quite a bit over the last few years and 113W is pretty much the limit now for my motorized c band dish. :(

Hi All,
It’s a good day here on Cape Cod to do some dish tweaking.
I was wondering what some of my fellow Dish owners in the Northeast (for location accuracy) are getting for dB readings on some satellites. This will help me determine if my dish is working to its full potential. I’m just concentrating on C Band right now.
107w the CTV mux, I receive at 14.1 dB.
105w the NBC mux, I receive at 13.1 dB.
99w the Luken mux, I receive at 15.1 dB.
91w the encrypted CW mux, I receive at 14.9 dB.
These are just a few of the satellites I receive with my 8 foot solid dish.
Thanks in advance for any info. Enjoy your Labor Day.
John
I would say you are doing quite well on a 8 footer.. 91 and 105W sats I get anywhere from 15.5 to 18.5 on a 10 foot perforated unimesh with a chaparral ortho feed with a pair of 5150's. Will get a little better in a couple of months, once the forest I point into looses some leaves.

Reactions: JFOK
Comptech,
After a little more tweaking, I was able to increase my dB readings on 91w BYU from 14.8 to 16.1.
On 107w the dB increase on the Canadian weather channels went from 14.2 to 15.1.
Like you, once I lose the leaves in the fall I will once again get another satellite...113w.
I’m very pleased with the performance of this solid, Tek 2000 8 foot dish.
Thanks for your reply.
John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)