Satellite Dish Size

The biggest current dish is the 1000.4. However you can put dish LNBFs on larger dishes (although in the US there is really not a need to do that).

Well, that is possible if you are "on the fringe" of a spotbeam area. Is that the case? Can you get any signal from the spot you are trying to hit? If you can get something then you "might" be able to get more with a larger dish. But there is no way to know for sure without trying it. Good luck!

yeah i do get the signal some and sometimes it goes out. Kinda like on the fringe of a digital OTA channel signal

You can always get a larger antenna from other sources such as Winegard and mount a single Dish LNB for a single orbital and run that through a switch. You are going to have to be in the fringe of the spot beam to have a chance at grabbing it though even with the larger reflector which you report you are.

Hi there, KG4KBU! The biggest satellite dishes we offer are the DISH 1000+ and DISH 500+, both with dimensions of 23.8 inches in height and 30.9 in width. We also have one dish for Alaska customers and two for Hawaii. The one for Alaska is the DISH 500AK with dimensions of 31.5 inches in height and 34.3 in width. The two for Hawaii are the DISH 500H and DISH 500HW. The DISH 500H has dimensions of 31.5 inches in height and 34.2 in width. The DISH 500HW has dimensions of 31.5 inches in height and 34.3 in width.

Hope that helps!

I doubt I could get a dish that would work for AK and HI. Heck I have a big dish but don't know if its the 1002 or 1004 model

If you're really interested in improving spotbeam reception, the most direct way to do this is to employ single dishes per satellite. I have three Winegard DS-2077 dishes, each which has an effective aperture of 76 cm. This offers a considerable gain over a 1000.4, which I recall has an aperture around 48 cm. My problem is rain fade, and the Winegards easily solve this. These dishes are convenient because they directly accept Dish LNBFs, but one can buy bigger if the situation requires. A 76 cm dish will add 2 dB of gain over a 48 cm, and a 1.2m will offer 4 dB over a a 48 cm.

I guess I will live without it then :( It would have been nice to have James Spann to watch on tv as he is the most amazing weather man I know. Also dish network please please put in a request for weathernation tv as I am interested in that channel Thanks

The two for Hawaii are the DISH 500H and DISH 500HW. The DISH 500H has dimensions of 31.5 inches in height and 34.2 in width. The DISH 500HW has dimensions of 31.5 inches in height and 34.3 in width.

Hope that helps!

Is there another way to tell the difference between the 500H and the 500HW besides the .1 inch difference in width?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)