Satellite Dish Visor - Runner-up Award for "A fool & his money soon parted"?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Titanium

AI6US
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 23, 2013
Meadow Vista, Northern California
Ran across this item today on Ebay.

2ebf_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270695744151

In my opinion, this product falls into the same category as Monster Cables and Clear TV. How could this possibly provide a benefit to anyone other than the seller? Maybe protecting the reflector from snow falling at an angle from behind the dish?

The concept guarantees to collect snow on top of the visor and RF shadow at +/- 25% of the reflector. I can see a potential benefit to a LNBF visor, but I am very skeptical of this product. A good coating of RainX or a heating element would seem to work much better.

What do you think?

Reactions: a33 and dougruss
I think, if the person that designed this actually had good intentions, they need to go back to RF school.

Reactions: Titanium
29.95?

shouldnt it be 19.99....and if you act now you can get a second free.....just pay an unusually high processing and shipping fee

48 sold already? I guess this goes along with the 150 mile antennas

but will it work on a 36" dish? ;)

Do they make them in Primestar 84e sizes too?

I think it looks VERY, VERY, CLASSY !!!! Like a parasol, it will keep the temperature of the reflector surface lower than being exposed to direct sunlight. Now, isn't that a benefit??? It will make your Dish COOLER!!! Doesn't everyone want a REALLY COOL DISH???

Reactions: Titanium and Jim S.
Might keep the bird poop off because they'll sit on the shield rather than the top rim of the dish. They should advertise it as a 'Satellite Super Poop Deflector' instead of a snow shield! :D

Although, they'll probably poop all over the shield and it'll be a 'poop collector' rather than deflector. :D

Reactions: Titanium
I hear that he's coming out with a version of this for 10' BUDs -- code named "Project Buddie". It will be the world's first hoodie for BUDs

The visor would actually work properly on a prime focus dish and not shadow the dish from incoming signal. I'm sure it would be a best seller! :D

2593f878e2b5098794ada46c8338daa6.jpg

Maybe the visor could be extended like a long bill cap to protect both the dish and feedhorn? The HOA neighborhood enforcer might not notice the dish if the visor was camo? From a distance, nosey neighbors might think you just left your hunting cap hanging on the post.

Reactions: armadillo_115
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)