Satellite dishes in tv shows.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
I just picked up Jericho on dvd, during the 3 epsiode I watched them tuning a satellite without an lnbf thought it was funny. Do you guys like when you see these errors?

Reactions: Cosmo Blatz
East bound and down, HBO series, there is a c band dish in one of there episodes, I forget which one. Where kenny powers and his friend is sitting on back porch, does not show complete dish. Just part of it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: olliec420
When you play call of duty mw3 you get to play at a dome. It has satellite dishes all over it.

Reactions: k.r.
In an episode of Pinky and the Brain, they get stuck in a bad spoof of The Real World, and one of the housemates is using Brain's fiberglass dish for skateboarding tricks while Brain is trying to beam a threatening message to world leaders, messing with the signal. I need to go back and find that episode to see how accurate it was. It was usually pretty good at including actual science.

Reactions: k.r. and Foxbat
Wasn't there one in the background or on the property of Rick Dales old shop on American Restoration? It's been a while since I've seen any of those episodes.

I have an ideaitic memory it's kind of weird. It didn't have the mesh on it but we get the idea. Thank you cosmo.

It's not a TV-show, but in the film Independence Day, Will Smith's character arrive in the flat-bed truck with an alien in it at the gates of Area 51.
On one of the gate posts (AFAIR), there's a small dish spinning wildly around it's vertical axis.
Not sure what that was meant to be pointing at, but I would dare to guess it's a blend between the radar-dish at an airport or ship and what most people think of as cool communications gear (sat dishes)...

Of course, it could be trying to track some wildly orbiting sats of hitherto unknown orbital characteristics.
But I think the prop guys just did a Hollywood "because it looks eager and looking!"

I do recall seeing one in the yard on American Restoration, but I don't know if it was active or just another piece of his junk collection.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)