Satellite Dishes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Foles57

Original poster
May 2, 2009
Southeasterm Massachusetts
I need help, is it possible to pick up Japanese TV channels on a larger dish in the United States. I presently reside in New England, I am trying to find out what type of equipment dish, receiver, LNB, etc. I would need to be able to do this. I have a Dish Network system for NHK, but would like to pickup additional channels.
Any imput would be appreciated.

I just went through this last weekend. TVJAPAN used to be FTA, however they now transmit their signal with encryption.

Unfortunately they where the only option that I found on C Band for true programming from Japan available in the United States.

127 West 3800 V 27690

Isn't 58 only an option if you are closer to the east coast then the west or midwest?

Isn't 58 only an option if you are closer to the east coast then the west or midwest?

I'm not as far north, but Denver is farther west. 58W (C, 23.8 degrees elevation) is low-hanging fruit here. I can easily get 40.5W (C, 10.9 degrees elevation) and 37.5W (C, 8.6 degrees elevation) is not a big deal. However 30W (Ku, 2.9 degrees elevation) is on the razor's edge. By that point thermal noise really kicks in and I need a good-sized dish with a laser-like beamwidth. At that elevation one almost has to worry about trimming the grass.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts