Satellite Formats - Not just normal and revere

Status
Please reply by conversation.

linuxman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
North West of St. Louis, MO
While I am waiting for it to quit raining, (sometime tomorrow) I thought I would ask a question about the satellite formats that are currently in the Clarke Belt.

I got the GI 450i receiver that I traded George out of, and I have a working remote so I will be using it when I resume setting up my fifth BUD.

Is there a chart, or online guide that tells you for instance that G11 (G7) 97W has 24 TPs for C-Band and that they step through the numbers first one is H because it is reverse polarity with the second TP is V and so on up the line.

Does this phantom chart that I can't seem to find also tell you how many Ku TPs G11 (G7) has too? And whether they step through H/V the same way?

The manual for the 450 has all the TP plans listed for the satellites in the year it was printed.

How may of those satellites are the same TP format today?

Which satellites have 24 C-Band and 32 Ku Band TPs? Or more, or less?

I know it doesn't make any difference to a blind scan receiver because it will get whatever is broadcasting at the time of the scan. But if you are setting up an analog receiver, and expect to receive and report what you find, it would be nice to have the satellites setup properly. :D

Now is the time for all you satellite engineers to come out of hiding and explain all of this. :eek:

Thanks,

Fred

Hey qwert1515,

I had started reading that thread and welcomed NewsTruck, but had quit reading by about page 3. You hit the jackpot with your questions and his answers plus his links.

Going to the PM now.

Thanks,
Fred

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)