Satellite International Magazine

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
Found my very first copy of Satellite International magazine this weekend at a local Barnes and Noble. What a great magazine. Lots of reviews on FTA receivers and equipment. They even had articles on building a wooden dish as well as receiving C-Band using a 1.2m dish. The man who did this is from Canada. Is this Cascade? The magazine is so good that I am going to subscribe ASAP.

The one thing I miss is a good weekly satellite TV guide like "Satellite TV Week" years ago. With all the channels now available I hope someone comes out with one soon.

I was talking to David from Fortec about this and no it was not Cascade he was helping with this project.

He told me that while they had some good results it still had a way to go.

I was shown a C/KU LNB prototype at the Expo from DMS International and it is starting to look like there could be support coming for the Microbud movement. :)

PopcornNMore said:
Found my very first copy of Satellite International magazine this weekend at a local Barnes and Noble. What a great magazine. Lots of reviews on FTA receivers and equipment. They even had articles on building a wooden dish as well as receiving C-Band using a 1.2m dish. The man who did this is from Canada. Is this Cascade? The magazine is so good that I am going to subscribe ASAP.

The one thing I miss is a good weekly satellite TV guide like "Satellite TV Week" years ago. With all the channels now available I hope someone comes out with one soon.

no it is VITO he is a member here .

The issue I was talking about is the MAR - APR issue.

Scott, it is good to hear that support is coming for the microbud. I myself am currently looking for a cone scaler ring and a LNBF bracket to mount the C-Band feedhorn onto. I might even add on extention panels onto my 1.2m dish for added gain.

PopcornNMore said:
The issue I was talking about is the MAR - APR issue.

Scott, it is good to hear that support is coming for the microbud. I myself am currently looking for a cone scaler ring and a LNBF bracket to mount the C-Band feedhorn onto. I might even add on extention panels onto my 1.2m dish for added gain.

you are talking about the 1.2m dish for c band in canada pictured in the article

his name is VITO i sold him the scalar ring and the lnbf holder

he is a great guy.

I've been reading that magazine for close to two years, early editions listed just about every channel, if I compare to the channels today it proves many channels come and go.

Recent issues have more U.S. advertising, it's about time.

For a while they have a Newbie section that goes over all the tech jargon and how to set up.

Unfortunately many receivers tested are not available here in North America.

I've also played around with their Satco DX computer software, which I like, you can get it free by logging on their site and using the I don't know how many digits password located in the Tele-Satellite magazine.

I just need to point out that this magazine is bi-monthly (6 issues per year). Very nice magazine for the satellite hobbyiest.

We have been selling it for over 3 years and rarely received a complaint about it. The CD is updated twice a year and is included free with magazine if you buy an annual subscription.

I have noticed that more and more magazine shops are carrying the magazine. :)

I just ordered a subscription yesterday from Sadouns site. :)

They were supposed to be at the Expo but I did not see them there.

Yep, it is on my desk as well. I got my first issue a couple of weeks ago and it came with the CD. It is very nice, I like it. :thumbsup:

I subscribe to Tele-Satellite International and it comes with a updated cd with every issue! usually the newstand issue will only have a cd a couple of times a year. or access to the websight.

I too subscribe to this magazine. It's a good read and as mentioned it has the updated satcodx program in each bi-monthly issue. It's worth the $.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)