KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Use this thread to discuss changes any changes you notice in changes with your Speed or data allowance.

I started this thread because I have been hearing some strange changes with HughesNet. I've not heard anything concrete yet, except that HughesNet says that added 50 more MB per day.....But some have been seeing more. Also with Wildblue getting ready to make changes maybe HughesNet is trying to stay ahead.
So who out there with Satellite Broadband Service has noticed anything yet, and what?

Yup. My Ku-band ProPlus plan was originally advertised as a 1500/200 connection, but it typically delivered an off-peak 1200/220. But for the last few months I've been seeing a pretty consistent 2000/300 (off peak). FAP threshold has been increased as well, up 50MB/day to 475. I think they're quietly trying to sneak up on the pending Wildblue service changes.

//greg//

No doubt they're reacting to increased competition. One of the regional managers told me that HN had become "complacent" until WB started cleaning their clock a few years ago. Now they've woken up and are responding.

They must have heard some/all of the new WB marketing claims by now for the pending Viasat/Surfbeam2 service. WB is referring to this as "DSL + 1 Second."

Competition: All good, as long as they can pay sufficient margins to dealers and installers to make it a profitable business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)