Satellite location

Not too much C-band in this part of the world anymore. For internet connectivity that is. Far as I can tell, Hughes C-band connectivity these days is pretty much limited to Asia/Pacific and Brazil

//greg//

cband

I've had cband programming since 1985, my current programming provider is National Programming Service who is going to the little dish on the first of the year. I'm changing to The Skyvision service on January 1st. They will have all the stations I had with NPS all on the w5 satellite. My question was what satillite does Hughesnet get their signal from? Cband has allways been there the little dish folks have lied to the general public for decades. The cband satellites are where all tv signals come from. My receiver is the 4DTV My dish is a 12ft. Paraclipse. Go to skyvision.com for programming and information.

I think you're a bit confused, since it now seems you're talking television. HughesNet doesn't do broadcast video, they're internet service providers. Data. I believe you may have been thinking of the days when Hughes (no net) used to own DirecTV. These things change faster than I can keep track. But last I heard DirecTV was owned by Liberty Media

Or am a reading you wrong?

//greg//

Last edited:
I found my Hughesnet satillite information in my setup information, AMC 6 AT 72 DEG. WEST CBAND.
You should know that AMC 6 also has a Ku payload and that is where Hughesnet used to be.

Last I saw, Hughesnet was using:

83W AMC9 (Ku band)
87W AMC3 (ku band)
89W Galaxy 28 (Ku band)
91W Galaxy 17 (Ku band)
93W Galaxy 25 (Ku band)
95W Spaceway 3 (Ka band) and Galaxy 3C (Ku band)
99W Galaxy 16 (Ku band)
113W Satmex 6 (Ku band)
116.8W SatMex 5 (Ku band)
127W Galaxy 13 (Ku band)

Are you looking to get high speed Internet or something else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)