Satellite Locations

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Alan0541

Nov 13, 2004
Where can I find a list/map (a footprint of their area of coverage would be nice also) for the positions of the DirecTV satellite locations that carry both the Memphis Local Channels, the Little Rock Local Channels and the High Definition channels that are offered by DirecTV? I am located about halfway between Little Rock and Memphis (about 75 miles east or west to either city) and I am trying to determine which city would be best to receive the local stations from. I would like to get away with having only one dish if possible.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=34210
I think that thread has what you're looking for.

As for the high def channels if you're speaking of the off-air channels then i'm not sure where you'd find a list/guide of signal strengths or something to that effect since those are broadcast by your local tv stations, not on the satalite stream. But if you meant the DTV provided HD package, then your signal on the 101, and 119 sat will mostly affect your picture, and the 110 has 2 HD channels (Showtime HD and HBO HB only if you subscribe to their SD counterpart) on it I belive.

And it'll be only one dish as long as your locals are on the 101 or 119 sat, just call dtv and ask.

Alan0541, if you are talking about getting the locals from D*.... sorry to inform you that D* will not give you locals from both markets. However, you might be able to get one from D* and another one using an OTA antenna, if you pick the a right place.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts