Satellite magazine

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Camplate

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 28, 2004
(Sorry if I’m going over old topic).
I don’t know what D* magazine is called, but I just got the newest copy and the reformat is horrible. Movie listings from 9:30am to 4pm, regular channels from 9am – 11pm, (not sure of actual ranges), channels not listed.

My regular TV guide also changed formats and reduced the info. So many errors on what was showing or when; more than once I checked the date to make sure it was the guide and not me.

Opinions on what is a good magazine that covers all the channels, and has 24 hour grids? Any web based service?

There are two magazines I recommend. Satellite Direct (directmagazine.com) which is a monthly guide like the offical one from DirecTV. It has grids and it's extremely easy to read. I'm not sure if you can get the listings from their website. It's published by the same folks that publish Orbit so you can find it on newstands or in Borders or Barnes and Noble.

The second is OnSat (onsat.com). This is a weekly magazine, which I like because it can tends to be more up to date on program changes than a monthly. It too is easy to read. You can see listings on their website. They also publish three editions, C-band, DirecTV and Dish.

Both magazines have pages about the size of People or Time and not like TV Guide. Since we have satellite in more than one room and I prefer a printed magazine instead of an online one, I subscribe to both. When I decided I wanted two magazines, I briefly subscribed to the one from DirecTV. I too thought it was horrible and very hard to read.

bjflynn05 said:
TV Guide also publishes a DIRECTV edition that you can request for when you subscribe.
Also useless because there is no listing between 1:am and 6:am.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)