Satellite mount?

cotybroussard

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Port Neches, TX
My installer that came Saturday mounted the satellite to my roof. Then he moved it b/c he mounted it behind my electric pole on my roof. So there were 4 holes in my roof from the lag bolts. He then put caulk in them which I feel will dry rot and then water will leak in. Has anyone else had this problem?

cotybroussard said:
My installer that came Saturday mounted the satellite to my roof. Then he moved it b/c he mounted it behind my electric pole on my roof. So there were 4 holes in my roof from the lag bolts. He then put caulk in them which I feel will dry rot and then water will leak in. Has anyone else had this problem?
If he used the proper caulk you shouldn't have a problem. If your nervous and can access them put some proper roof patching goop on them. Yes goop is a highly technical term.

Don't ever put a satellite dish on a roof if you can help it, its a LAST resort! Then if you do tell the installer to go ahead expect the above! Behind the electric pole is however kind of strange (not). He/She should have at least used roofing sealer, that will "give" as the roof expands and contracts, but holes are holes they will leak eventually without regular attention, alas its the only way for service for a lot of people. Sorry to hear about this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)