Satellite News Gathering info Book

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brians0105

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 27, 2004
Hey guys. For Christmas I got a book that is about everything you could possibly want to know about Satellite News Gathering. It explains how the signal is made for us people who watch FTA signals. It's mainly about breaking news and sports feeds, but it is very helpful if you've ever wondered about how its done.

It also shows off some satelilte trucks and also some "fly-away" units that are sent to places like Iraq, and recently Thailand.

Some other topics that are covered are satellite space/booking, digital vs. analog, safety, etc. Also, one topic that we have discussed here...IFB (earpieces). It goes into detail about how the communications are made with the people back at the TV station.

I highly recommend it to all of you if you're into this kind of stuff. It's called "Introduction to SNG and ENG microwave" by Jonathan Higgins. I think my copy came from Amazon and I know you can search for it there.

Let me know if you want any more details about, and I would love to know if any of you have read this before or plan to get it!

Thanks guys!

--Brian

Status
Please reply by conversation.