Satellite Number on info screen

maxmoto

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
NW Ohio
I don't recall seeing this before, but if you hit info twice the satellite number is shown on that screen.

Sorry if this has been talked about before.

Are you talking about 1-800-333-3474? That has been up as long as info screen.

Boba,

Its on the left side towards the top. Just above the desciption window. It is a small icon of a dish with the orbital location. It only shows up on the second press of "info" button when it goes from translucent to opaque. I think you are talking about the "sys info" screen.

Miner

I noticed this a couple weeks ago and didn't mention it. I didn't see it listed in the software update so I figured it was old news. Pretty handy...

I don't really care what sat a channel is on. I would rather have some more useful information about the show like is it edited in content or is it cropped or reformatted to fit your screen. I'd like to know if it is OAR or not.

ViP211 with the new L439 also has the satellite indicator and a small lock indicator on the other side of the window.

Attachments

• ViP211screen.jpg
    ViP211screen.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
I don't really care what sat a channel is on. I would rather have some more useful information about the show like is it edited in content or is it cropped or reformatted to fit your screen. I'd like to know if it is OAR or not.

I wonder if the feature has been added for the eastern (and eventually western) arc. I can see how it would make phone support t/s a little bit easier when someone calls with a problem. A person calls in and is having trouble. The CSR asks the caller to identify the number and can go down a slightly different course depending on source. Just an idea.

Miner

Is this only making an appearance on VIP receivers? (I don't see it on my 625 nor on my 501.)

ViP211 with the new L439 also has the satellite indicator and a small lock indicator on the other side of the window.

Would be nice if you guys not just verbally report such new feature ( see, boba confused), but post pictures. I can't believe nobody have digital camera or cell phone to make it.

If you have to be told, what's the difference?

Will you please contact the networks and tell them to add this information ? Let us know how that goes too....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)