satellite/off air antenna

stonoguy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Hopefully, this is the correct forum to post this question!

Can a diplexer set-up be used for 2 way signals. I would like to deliver SD signals from my
Directv dish to a bedroom on the 2nd floor and send the off air signal from my antenna down to the crawl space utilizing the same cable? Thanks for your input on this subject!

Hopefully, this is the correct forum to post this question!

Can a diplexer set-up be used for 2 way signals. I would like to deliver SD signals from my
Directv dish to a bedroom on the 2nd floor and send the off air signal from my antenna down to the crawl space utilizing the same cable? Thanks for your input on this subject!

Stonoguy, I use the same setup with my FTA satellite for years and mine work just fine. I am not sure Directv works the same way, I would think it should? I only use one cable run. You will need two Diplexers at each end for this to all work.

Last edited:
Diplexers are used to combine satellite signals with either cable or OTA signals. They do not combine like signals (processed sat. output signals are the same as cable or OTA signals). A signal combiner like a SC3 or a SC4 might do what you want but not a diplexer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)