This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Satellite Tax banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

OTAHDFORME

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
Why is it that every time the Satellite Tax banner from chitika dot net appears ... it takes control of the displayed page every time it shows up?

I finally have figured out that if I use the back arrow in my browser to get off the page that is displaying that ad, I can try again and hope that I achieve whatever I need to do before that ad goes into rotation again.

Is there something wrong with my settings on my computer ... or is it a problem with the ad?

That ad has been running here for 2 months no with no issues reported.

It is however using Flash Animation, so make sure you have the latest Flash player installed.

I did update my Flash version and still have the problem. But .. I may not be properly identifying the culprit.

When this cripples my navigation, my IE status bar is hung up on:

Waiting for http: // mm . chitika . net ......... (I didn't copy the remainder of the URL)

Although I am still trying to figure out what the problem is with using IE ... I have given up on that being dependable and switched to Firefox where there is no problem.

I don't know why this made a difference, but I updated Spybot Search & Destroy and SpywareBlaster. Now, all the pages are loading properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.