satellite techs-how much paid for installs?

satellitetech

Original poster
Dec 30, 2004
How much does anyone get paid for installs, and what do they deduct? We get all cable & small parts, and parts for specific jobs?

I've worked for several companies and myself. Pay would depend on many factors. Do you use your own supplies? Do you use your own truck? I've seen as low as $50.00 an install and $10.00 for additional recievers and I've seen as high as $110.00 an install and $35.00 for additional receivers.

Ive seen anywhere from $70 for 10 hours (2 SD installs and 1 SD upgrade within the 10 hour period) so that averages out to be $7 an hour and as much as $70 for one room and $40 for each additional room.

Stargazer said:
Ive seen anywhere from $70 for 10 hours (2 SD installs and 1 SD upgrade within the 10 hour period) so that averages out to be $7 an hour and as much as $70 for one room and $40 for each additional room.
Two SD installation and one upgrade all for $70.00. Who fix this price and this seems you got ripoff so much.

I was curious how much they were paying in case I would go all installs. Thats the lowest pay I seen offered. Guess they look for people desperate for jobs. Thats decent pay for around here unless they dont pay for gas and use of vehicle then it aint and I also think you have to use your own vehicle.

Any one here worked for Mountain Satellite or Iron Woods?

Used to get paid like this.

I have my own Truck+maintainance, gas, ladders, drill, drill bits, signal meters etc, etc. They provide you with all the cheap cable, connectors etc.

1 IRD install $65 Additional add $25 per.
Upgrade Dish : $35
Upgrade IRD : $35
Relocate dish : $25
Service Call : $25
Tivo upgrade with relocate one outlet : $65
No line of sight, and Door Tags used to get $15 for those.

I've never worked for them as I am in Nebraska, but that doesn't seem to bad of pay as long as your not driving 100 miles a day. That's pretty standard around here and I also use my own supplies.

That was in California. Average driving distance from job to job is less then 10 miles.

Now I'm in New Hampshire. Job to Job distance is about 20 to 30 miles here, day are short in winter, extereme weather and cold could slow you down so I'm sticking with my Hourly+company van/gas/full benefits deal.

Not to mention there are a tons of trees around here, a lot of No Sights. DTV at 31* and Dish 119 is at 22*.

There is DTV Home service guy out here hireing.

He's paying $100 box install, $25 for additional.
$30 per service call
and $50 for local upgrade.

50% of what every extra job you pick up from customer, wall fish etc.
they chage $75/hr

xrf1 said:
Sorry, what does dnsc stand for ?

Dish Network Service Corp, one of those people that drive the Official Dishnetwork Van's.

Man those guys work hard, I saw them driving around town here in Lebanon, on xmas eve and sunday after xmas.

ZawNH-VT said:
Dish Network Service Corp, one of those people that drive the Official Dishnetwork Van's.

Man those guys work hard, I saw them driving around town here in Lebanon, on xmas eve and sunday after xmas.

They work way to hard for what they get paid. I went there to get a job to and i left laughing they offered 11 an hour and work 12 and 14 hour day. and i was making at least 200 in about 4 hours and was done for the day. you had to work so many hours to even make a bonus there.

No wonder why they do a sloppy job as some people complain about on here. I've read where many retailers have had to correct their installations. Do not get me wrong though, I'm sure not all of them are this way.

There are plenty of jobs out there that pay a bit less for even harder work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)