SatelliteGuy of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Iceberg even have a computer and internet at Home so he can be in the chat if he wins?

Non staff members are eligible to win too. ;)

Last years winner was a staff member (Sean Mota)

If a staff member wins then they deserved it, remember these guys don't get paid for all their work. :D

Actually thinking about it all the really helpfull folks become staff members sooner or later, which is why we have such good staff members. :D

BFG said:
Does Iceberg even have a computer and internet at Home so he can be in the chat if he wins?

computer-check
internet-nope. Working on getting (blech) cable internet

I'll be at my dad's online during this :)

I don't frequent many other areas than FTA, but I hope it is either Iceberg or PSB. THey both go way beyond the call!!! Thanks for all you do, I attribute "the addicition" to you guys! :D

Last edited:
Well I dont have a problem, Im not the most helpful and can be a bit overly opinionated at times. There are people on here who are very educated about satellite, cable, terestrial, and other forms of communication that are able to provide a greater amount of support and help to others than I ever could. But I do know how the human brain works to a degrea and there will always be one or two people that see an employee paid or not winning an award or contest sponsored by the company or orginization that they work for as being unfair.

My question was a simple one but it does merrit thought, Im sure that whom ever wins is very well deserving of the award regardless of theyre standing within the workings of satelliteguys.us and I will congratulate them on the award and thank them for all theyre selfless work that they have put forth in helping out others. :)

questic said:
I don't frequent many other areas than FTA, but I hope it is either Iceberg or PSB. THey both go way beyond the call!!! Thanks for all you do, I attribute "the addicition" to you guys! :D

'If" I won (I should not) I would give it to Iceberg, he is the real brains in the FTA area..........

(Lets face it he has plenty of room in that dome) ;)

PSB said:
'If" I won (I should not) I would give it to Iceberg, he is the real brains in the FTA area..........
(Lets face it he has plenty of room in that dome) ;)

not since you tatooed "no hack talk" on it :)

With my observations and personal experience, I would have to give a hands down to PBS as the satellite Guy of the year. He is consistent and knowledgeable.

I would have no problem at all with staff winning. Like Scott said it usually ends up being the most knowledgeable that become staff members. If they were only giving out to staff that may throw up some flags but I for one have won something this year and I don't contribute much.

I feel it's very fair for staff members to qualify. They put a LOT of time and effort into these forums to make them as good as they are.

I'm certain that whoever wins SG of the year will be well deserving of it.

Technojunky said:
With my observations and personal experience, I would have to give a hands down to PBS as the satellite Guy of the year. He is consistent and knowledgeable.

Don't you mean PSB? Certain you didn't mean Public Broadcasting Station PBS.

I always laugh when people say "PBS" instead of "PSB"

heck, I've been known to say "the FAT area" instead of FTA :)

Staff members really put a lot of time into this site and are always helpful. I know there are several members that are my favorites because they always treat me well. I dont hit every forum though so I know there are a LOT of great helpers here. Any one of them deserves it for their own area of expertise.

I think it really should be only for staff members, they do the most to help out. Other non-staff members may have some great info and be helpful, but like scott said those guys will probably become staff members at some point, so it really should only apply to staff IMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts