SatelliteGuys and AVSForum

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Hey guys, as you might have witnessed late last night there was some (ok A LOT) of controversy between AVSForum and SatelliteGuys.US

I won't rehash anything but things were done and said by both sites that both of us are regretting today.

I just had a nice long 45 min conersation with David Bott, and we talked about a lof of things. And in talking with David we hit upon a few things that I believe opened both of our eyes.

First off I do wish to appologize to David and the folks at AVS for some of the stuff I said when I was flying off the handle. Some of the stuff I reported which was sent to me by other people may not have been correct, and I must admit even though I was told things by people I have no way of backing up what those people told me. And for that I am truely sorry.

Sometimes when you are told things and are told the same thing by different people you tend to believe what they tell you, and that's what I did. Again I am sorry.

Was I correct in getting upset at what happened last night? You bet! But did I go about it the correct way... no I did not, and for that I appologize to everyone at SatelliteGuys.US and AVSForum.

David and I had a long chat, and it is the first time we chatted in a long time, David even went out of his way to give me some business advice and tips which he did not have to do (And I appreciate those tips greatly I must add)

And while last night was a rough ride in the seas for both sites we consider this water under the bridge.

So thanks David for the chat, it was good to speak with you again. I forgot how light hearted and fun David can be, which reminds me, if you ever get a chance to go to an AVS Party or Cruise do it, David always shows his guests a great time. (In fact here is David and I together at one of those parties)

AVSForum_Party.JPG

I guess I missed what happened....

at any rate I will never go back to AVS anyways....they like to flame and it seems to be accepted.

That was a long day that day. :) That photo was taken at like Midnight, after I spent all day walking around the Cedia show. I walked so much that day I was lucky to be standing in the pic. (Plus it was very hot in that club which didnt help things) :D

yeah I know. (Damn that Burger King guy is scarry looking)

Actuall I don't drink. I can count on one hand how many drinks I have had in the past 5 years. (And no I dont smoke anything eaither) :D

asousa said:
I guess I missed what happened....

at any rate I will never go back to AVS anyways....they like to flame and it seems to be accepted.

Yes Scott tell us what happened please. I don't care for the AVS forum myself. When I want the news I come to the leader. Satellite Guys!!

riggscm said:
ummm Scott... do you normally look that hammered??

Cuz dude, you look like you are about to rock back on your heels and "accidentally" fall on to the brunette behind you.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

OMG dude seriously I started choking when i read this posts....

:D

Fear leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

Oh forget it, I forgot how the Yoda quote went.

And you don't WANT to go down that path. You might wind up like Anakin wound up doing his Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail impression.

:yes

Anyway, glad to see cooler heads may have prevailed.

I'm glad things have been worked out and I hope that it NEVER happens again in the future. I was at the point of removing both sites from my favorites and going back to the original site, DBSForum. IMHO this type of thing is happening too often and is doing nobody any good.

Never been flamed over at AVS myself, and actually was provided great info in purchasing and installing my front pojector a couple of months ago. I have no problem going there for sound advise.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)