Satelliteguys app for OLD iPad one?i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee_Ann

Angry consumer!
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Texas
I've recently been given an old iPad one, 1st gen.

I tried to install the app but was told no, that I have to have at least iOS 6.x

The iPad one is locked by Apple into iOS 5.1, permanently. They've abandoned it and no longer support it. :(

Can you guys put an older copy of the app in the store so that we can use it?
sometimes when you try to install something you'll get the dreaded message that you have to upgrade but sometimes it will offer you the chance to download an old, unsupported version of an app..

I have an iPhone 5 that I'm refusing to downgrade to ios 7.x (it's UGLY and not jail broken yet) and I am getting more and more locked out of apps. Every day I ge ta notice there is a new version of an app but it's always only because they added ios 7 support. Some apps have told me I can not get the new version until I get ios 7. Not happening!

Another problem, ads on the site here bring this old iPad to the ground. JavaScript is the devil's handiwork.
I thought site supporters/members got ad free browsing. ????

Thanks! :)

I thought Apple changed that "policy" of only offering the latest/current version of apps via the App Store ? Anyone with an older i(device) who reset it without having backed-up their installed apps first was screwed....

I wonder why it's not working the way it's described in the link Scott posted ? I do recall complaints that came from the app developers who were concerned (mad?) about having to possibly support very old versions of their apps. Comments from people who posted there say it should work with iOS 4.2.1 and up.

It is "very difficult" to install iOS apps outside the Apps Store. Apple goes to some trouble to make it that way.

Is the iPad jailbroken? Even then, not sure how much you can expect from such an old platform. Things obsolete at light speed today.

With the iPad just using safari to browse here works well. I do not use an app on my iPad when browsing here, I just use safari.

It is "very difficult" to install iOS apps outside the Apps Store. Apple goes to some trouble to make it that way.
Nah, it's not hard at to install them using, ummm, alternate methods.... The apps just won't run as they'll fail some sort of check !! It appears that the "app" you download is linked to the iTunes account that was used to get it from the app store.

You can use Forum Runner or TapaTalk.

Agree on iOS 7 being ugly. My 4S is on 6.1 jailbroken and my iPad 2 is on 5.1.1 jailbroken and both will stay that way at least until the iOS 7 jailbreak. Hopefully there will be a way to get rid of the iOS 7 theme eventually.

As for installing apps without App Store/iTunes, believe me there are several different ways to do so on a jailbroken iDevice.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

My iPhone 5 is jailbroken and staying on 6.1, period. I do not like or want iOS 7, at all. There’s nothing about it I like, if I wanted a windows phone I would have bought one.
I don’t care about the gee-whiz effects and the flat, ugly one dimensional pastel theme. iOS 7 brings nothing else to the table of any use. 6.1 works just fine and I have all the jailbreak goodies I like and require.

As for the ancient iPad, it’s jailbroken too but it’s stuck on iOS 5.1.1 because Apple has abandoned it completely and it is totally non-supported. Apple has stated that there will be no further upgrades for 1st gen iPads.

I’ve just installed the tapatalk app on my iPad, maybe it will do the job. Using Safari isn’t exactly an optimal experience. The iPad is miserably slow and anything with javascript really drags it down to it’s knees.

Just be aware Tapatalk inserts it's own ads and we have no control over them nor do we earn a cent from them.

I'm on it now. Works fine.

I'm running now running my iPad through the "Glimmer" proxy through my Mac. Glimmer is an ad blocking proxy for Macs that allows you to run anything else on your LAN through it.

So now there are no ads on my iPad or my iPhone. :)

I think I'll like this option. Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can use Forum Runner or TapaTalk.

Agree on iOS 7 being ugly. My 4S is on 6.1 jailbroken and my iPad 2 is on 5.1.1 jailbroken and both will stay that way at least until the iOS 7 jailbreak. Hopefully there will be a way to get rid of the iOS 7 theme eventually.

As for installing apps without App Store/iTunes, believe me there are several different ways to do so on a jailbroken iDevice.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

What really ticks me off is that I want Big Oven on iPad. I just got told I have to upgrade my nonupgradable iPad to iOS 7.
So I can not even install a FREE app on my old iPad. You know what I have to do now?
I have to add a repo to cydia that will let me install p*****d apps where I can find an older version of this free app.

I have this love/hate relationship with Apple. I own and use a lot of apple products and devices but I despise their policies and practices.

Sent from my ancient Jurasic iPad using Tapatalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts