SatelliteGuys App going Bye Bye

The other one is using the site in a browser. And those are all the ways that I know of.
OK thanks. I am lucky to have the progressive web feature. Sure much nicer for me than Tapatalk. I still think the "Add to Home screen" icon setting for the normal web browser site is much better. I tried that method you posted to perform the "Add to Home screen" icon but couldn't get it to work.

OK thanks. I am lucky to have the progressive web feature. Sure much nicer for me than Tapatalk. I still think the "Add to Home screen" icon setting for the normal web browser site is much better. I tried that method you posted to perform the "Add to Home screen" icon but couldn't get it to work.

If you are using Safari. There is a list of options. One is add to Home Screen. Then before you add to Home Screen you can rename the icon what ever you want to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: charlesrshell
If you are using Safari. There is a list of options. One is add to Home Screen. Then before you add to Home Screen you can rename the icon what ever you want to.

Sea Beagle have you tried the "Add to Home screen" feature to add a home screen icon for SatGuys? I really liked it. It was available for me before the SatGuys site had another update and then it wasn't available any more. I had my icon set to open with the Watch treads page. It was fast to open when I selected the icon. With the present SatGuys progressive web app I have to do more clicks to get to the Watched threads section and the app is slow to open. Try it and let me know. To me it is better than Tapatalk that has old threads popping up.

I have been using the add to Home Screen for about 6 years now. That is how I know about the feature.

Let me see if I can add the Satellite Guys to the home screen.

Choose the small round thingie on the top right hand side of the web page that opens when you choose the web page address within this forum.

That takes you to Safari. From there you can add to the Home Screen.

View attachment 154270

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkView attachment 154271

Last edited:
Here is what my android device shows.

IMG_1711.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I have been using the add to Home Screen for about 6 years now. That is how I know about the feature.

OK, good luck. After the SatGuys site opens navigate around to what you want to 1st see when you want to use SatGuys. Then go to the Add to Home screen setting and select it.

Choose the small round thingie on the top right hand side of the web page that opens when you choose the web page address within this forum.

That takes you to Safari. From there you can add to the Home Screen.

View attachment 154270

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkView attachment 154271
I don't have a small round thingie at the top. Maybe I should download Safari and see what I get.

For sh*t's and giggles I just paid for 1 month of Premium Tapatalk for SatelliteGuys. I did it because I can go in and shut off Indexing and Ads showing up in web browsers to try tapatalk.

Let hope by turning off indexing on the Tapatalk site that we will no longer get these 10 year old notifications. :)

For sh*t's and giggles I just paid for 1 month of Premium Tapatalk for SatelliteGuys. I did it because I can go in and shut off Indexing and Ads showing up in web browsers to try tapatalk.

Let hope by turning off indexing on the Tapatalk site that we will no longer get these 10 year old notifications. :)

Adverts using Tapatalk are not that bad. Just show up between replies.

I could turn off notifications very easy here but then I would not receive the replies that are actually new.

I could turn off notifications very easy here but then I would not receive the replies that are actually new.
The notifications here and in Tapatalk are two different things. The ones in Tapatalk show up all hours of the day and are normally 5 - 15 years old. Those notifications come directly from Tapatalks servers and not hours. By turning off permission for Tapatalk to index our site, I am hoping those notifications from the past will be a thing of the past. :D

I tried Opera, Firefox, & Edge browsers. All of them won't let me log in to the SatGuys site. They want me to register instead. Is this normal?

I tried Opera, Firefox, & Edge browsers. All of them won't let me log in to the SatGuys site. They want me to register instead. Is this normal?

All one has to do is choose to add a reply to a conversation. Once you choose send you are then asked to sign in. That way you do not have to register if you are already a member.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)