SatelliteGuys Changes for May

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of guilt :p, I disabled my ad-blocker for this site and I'll admit, that one banner ad is tolerable.... :D My brain just needs to re-learn to "mentally" block it out now like it used to years ago before ad-blockers existed !!

As for those (3) files you referenced, I use AdBlock and don't see any details that those may or may not be blocked. I just realized, those are not SatGuys-related, so I may need to look again.

I just did the same thing. :) The ads seem to be OK not as bad as before.

Ad is there today, don't know why it took a few days after disabling the blocker for it to show up. The one banner ad really isn't a bother at all to me.

I'm big on privacy and I've got ads disabled (though it's never seemed to cause a problem viewing pages for me). I also usually browse anything I have or might make a purchase on using privacy protection. That said, I know the cost of business, so I will consider joining the pub.

I'm another member who thinks the Satguys Radio banner at the top is really annoying. I have 0 interest in it. Would appreciate it if it is formatted so we could choose to hide it.

The satelliteguys app works fine but on my home PC And work computer there is major scrunching happening tonight.. 5/29. I get one letter then another line with just one letter and so on.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The satelliteguys app works fine but on my home PC And work computer there is major scrunching happening tonight.. 5/29. I get one letter then another line with just one letter and so on.

That sounds like what I´m getting on my PC on IE, but it works just fine on Google Chrome

Sorry but I don't need ads popping up on someone's post or anywhere else, That's why I have adblock enabled, It just irritates me and rather have a clean looking site.

Sorry but I don't need ads popping up on someone's post or anywhere else, That's why I have adblock enabled, It just irritates me and rather have a clean looking site.
So, what you are actually saying is that you want Scott and the supporting members to pay for your use of the site. The ads are what support your browsing.

FWIW, most of the supporting members here have turned off ad blocking because it does have a positive financial impact.

Then may I suggest DBSTalk for you then?

I hate ads too but the site is no good if you can't pay the bills.

I did a few searches. Nothing much has changed in the results for me except for the search terms "Dish Network Discussion" and "DirectTV discussion"
The former has Satguys at the very top.
The latter has the results reversed with the former and has Satguys as the second result.

Then may I suggest DBSTalk for you then?

I hate ads too but the site is no good if you can't pay the bills.

I'm already a member there, but I'll make an exception for you Scott, even though I'm what you called a ad opposition advocate, maybe I'll become a Pub member someday so I don't have to worry about enabling AB, I just don't want to start on the wrong foot for what I said.

Speaking of which, is Google now indexing the whole site again? Or is it too soon to tell?
Not yet... :(

When I put this site up as a test site I added the directory to the robots.txt file so Google would NOT index it while we were testing it.

When we launched the site to the public I forgot to remove the directory from robots.txt. I was notified by Google that they could not index the site because they were blocked. So I went in quickly and removed the directory block from Robots.txt.

The issue now is Google only downloads the robot.txt file once every few days, so even though the file is changed they are still operating off the old robots.txt file. :(

Reactions: TheKrell
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)