Satelliteguys Exclusive- Yambeka 5 Speaker HT

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
I haven't gotten the wiring done for the middle 2 and rear 2 let, still planning my strategy on that since I can't wire through my attic.

I have the front 3 connected and I will say they sound AWESOME so far!! The woofer built into each of the floor standing speakers really helps with bass.

Can't wait to get the other 4 connected.

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
I haven't gotten the wiring done for the middle 2 and rear 2 let, still planning my strategy on that since I can't wire through my attic.

I have the front 3 connected and I will say they sound AWESOME so far!! The woofer built into each of the floor standing speakers really helps with bass.

Can't wait to get the other 4 connected.

You might be able to run the wires behind the baseboard if it can be easily removed. If not, use a wiremold along the baseboard.

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
The only thing with running it underneath the carpet is we will eventually have hardwood flooring installed.

I've thought about dropping it through the ceiling next to the wall.

sa91899

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 27, 2007
Sorry for the delay guys...

I promise a full review posted on Monday. I know I'm late on this already but life gets in the way sometimes.

Let me say this right now though....

YAMBEKA ROCKS!!!!!

See you Monday,

Steve

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I got a set deliverd yesterday and have not had a chance to open them up yet. I was surprised how big (and heavy) the box was!

I hope to set them up this weekend. :)

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
I just got the wiring for the rear and sides done.

I have the two sides wired together with the rears for now, until I get the 7.1 receiver hopefully within a few weeks.

All I can say is, they sound AWESOME!! I put in a good action movie in our DVD player, Top Gun, and played a scene I knew had a lot of base and sounds awesome in surround mode. I think I actually rattled the house a little. :D

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
I just got the wiring for the rear and sides done.

I have the two sides wired together with the rears for now, until I get the 7.1 receiver hopefully within a few weeks.

All I can say is, they sound AWESOME!! I put in a good action movie in our DVD player, Top Gun, and played a scene I knew had a lot of base and sounds awesome in surround mode. I think I actually rattled the house a little. :D
Add some of these to Really rock :D

bbrazil

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 18, 2007
Mine are set to arrive tomorrow (I guess Fedex Home Delivery delivers on Saturdays).

After hearing more positive reviews, I can't wait to hear them...

Digital Dude

Home Theater Editor
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
SHADO
Where's all the nattering nabobs of negatavism naysayers from earlier in the thread now?

I'm glad my opinion has been validated by so many.

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
For the price ($199 shipped), you can't go wrong with these speakers.

The 8" woofer in each of the front speakers really does help with the base. It's a great compliment to a subwoofer.

It's definately worth the money. Heck, 2 floor speakers are usually more than this entire set.

coltsfan34

Jan 29, 2007
Middletown,In.
Question about specs

Hi y'all, this is my first post since I joined a couple weeks ago. I would like to start off by saying I have learned alot from reading the posts in all the forums. I have been following this thread and have a question- in the original post from Digital Dude the specs that were given do not match what the pictures show the maximum watts to be for these speakers? for the center speaker specs say 100W RMS and 200W maximum but the picture says 160W maximum and for the Rear speakers the specs say 80W rms and 160W Max. but the picture shows 120W max. I freely admit that I do not know alot about speakers, but just want to clarify the specs. After reading about these though it seems that they sound pretty good ( especially for the price point they are at) and I will probably buy a set. The specs that DD wrote are the same as the Yambeka website though. Thanx for listening.

Bobby

Digital Dude

Home Theater Editor
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
SHADO
:welcome to Satelliteguys!

I went off the specs provided by Yambeka.

Glad you're here, let us know if you ever need help with anything.

shubedowop

Feb 10, 2007
Columbus, OH.
Add some of these to Really rock :D

Hello all,
I've been monitoring the comments in regards to the Yambeka speakers. They sound almost too good to be true. I am a skeptic, but after reading the reviews I am inclined to try them out. So far, I've gathered that the speakers have a five year warranty, customer sevice is stellar, and there is a thirty day guarantee. On top of that, I now get an additional $25 off for being a SG member, and the added savings of the shipping cost since I live in Columbus. I guess I don't have an excuse not to buy them. I did place a call to Brian with some questions, a few of which were answered by reading everyone's comments. One of my questions was "Can I purchase the main/front speakers only?" I'm waiting on his reply. I will probably have to wait a few weeks until I get my tax return, but at least I'll be set up to start rockin for a mere $134....I hope. Thanks for all the info...... V

bbrazil

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 18, 2007
I have to concur with the other reviews. These speakers are really remarkable, especially for the price.

At first, I was a little skeptical. The first speaker of the set that I opened was a the center speaker. Immediately, I noticed the front piece (which the drivers are mouned to) is glued on rather sloppily; on this particular speaker, the glue had seeped out of the joint a bit. I was disappointed, but it looked like it was just a superficial defect in a location I would never see. All the other speakers looked fine.

After giving them some time to warm up to room temp, I plugged in the center speaker. I was immediately amazed. The center speaker it replaced had almost identical specs, but didn't seem to have quite the sound definition. Every sound stood out, nothing seemed muddled.

After setting up the rest of the speakers, I noticed how the sound really seems to fill the room. The surrounds were so impressive, I actually had to turn them down a notch so I could hear the fronts better.

I found we're watching basic cable a little louder now; these speakers handle ProLogic II so well, it really brings out the background sounds and really immerses you. Weird, I know.

The real test was yesterday morning, when I put on some music and turned the volume WAY down... Nothing got lazy at all, you still had plenty of definition at levels much quieter than you'd ever listen to music.

I've gotta say, these speakers are rather remarkable.

If you happen to know a movie scene where the audio get a little muddled, let me know. I've run into a few with my old speakers, I'd love to see if these Yambekas can handle it.

Pros:
Great definition
Side-mouned woofer "hides" the front speakers well
Unbelievable price

Cons:
Dodgy craftsmanship

Recommendation:
I'd recommend these to anyone who wants great sound for under $2k

Edit: I should mention that I'm not really THAT concerned about the craftsmanship. The warranty and level of customer service put me at ease.

sa91899

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 27, 2007
As promised, here is my full review. It is rather long, but I figured you guys would opt for more info rather than less...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)