Satelliteguys Exclusive- Yambeka 5 Speaker HT

Does anyone know if their new line is out? It does not say on their website if that is the new line, or not. I have been really looking for a set with floor standing fronts, full 6.1 (which i can buy the other satellite), and without the sub (love me MTX). This is definitely a great find. If they are not the new set, I am willing to wait a little bit longer, but if these are the new, I WANT ME A SET!!! lol

Great find.

Yesterday, I received word back from Brian Wheeler about their new line of speakers. He informed me that they would be out in 30-45 days (putting them out around X-Mas time or Jan 1). The price for the 7 speaker setup will be 299 or a pre-order price of 249.

Here is a pic he sent me of the fronts:
YA-V2.jpg

Here is the spec sheet he sent me also:
Spec_Sheet.jpg

Should I hold off and get these? Or just order the current set? I really only want a 5.1 set, possibly a 6.1 set (have the receiver), but have the ability to upgrade to 7.1 down the road. Any comments?

-Doug

Scott and everyone who bought the speakers,

Do you all still like the speakers. I am thinking about getting a set.

I haven't been in this thread for a while, but I'll add my $.02.

I'm still very happy with them after several months of ownership. Keep in mind these are in our living room, and we don't really drive them all that hard. But they sound great with general TV viewing (both DirecTV and OTA). We don't even have the surround speakers hooked up, because our room layout doesn't really permit.

Any time we want to watch a movie with serious surround, we admittedly go to the family room with the Paradigm speakers (and 22" larger TV). I'm not going to claim they compare to Paradigm, but for the $160 I spent on them, I think I'd have a hard time finding anything comparable in that price range.

For anyone on a limited budget, I would not hesitate to highly recommend them!

I was asked by Brian to review the new 7.0 set.
So I started searching for info on the company and their product.
This is a great forum and I'm glad you all have worked so closely with Yambeka. Great background info to start from.

I will have the 7 speaker set on Friday and give them a thorough run thru in my treated room.

I own and operate Tweek Sound and Mastering recording studio in Concord NH and do surround sound recordings and production for music and video.

Brian also sent along a demo from their new line of Bamboo veneer studio/bookshelf speakers. I'll also review these.

Keep up the great word of mouth advertising!

Matt Marcil

An upgrade credit would be nice, but I still love the first gen speakers I bought from them!

The sound is just incredible.

Speakers delivered but my digi camera battery is dead. I'll have to wait to unpack them.
I'll start a new thread with the review.

If you want to upgrade why not sell the first gen's? With shipping $35 one way you'd do better selling than trading in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts