Satelliteguys Exclusive- Yambeka 5 Speaker HT

yeah I did a google search and found this http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7368&highlight=Yambeka I know its old Feb of 05. However it appears since then they havent completed the update to there website and were told about the confusion that having THX in the model name would have and still have not changed it. I hope this turns out to be a legit deal and no one on this site losses money on this deal. Im going to hold off for now, if everyone that orders gets theirs and has the same type of review as digital dude I will definatly invest in a set.

yeah I did a google search and found this http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7368&highlight=Yambeka I know its old Feb of 05. However it appears since then they havent completed the update to there website and were told about the confusion that having THX in the model name would have and still have not changed it. I hope this turns out to be a legit deal and no one on this site losses money on this deal. Im going to hold off for now, if everyone that orders gets theirs and has the same type of review as digital dude I will definatly invest in a set.

The THX was stamped on there by the manufacturer in Taiwan. It was not Yambeka's doing. I'm pretty happy the speakers are made there rather than China, Taiwan has higher quality and they're allies of the US!

These speakers are identical to the ones I got off ebay but different manufacturer. The ones I got are by A-Neutronics (www.a-neutronics.com) and they look and are packaged identically. The only difference is the logo on the bottom (which when I needed a replacement grill cover for one speaker I was told was just a push pin that goes into a hole on the panel). I got the set for $105 after shipping on ebay and they came from the wherehouse (seller:jjobin)

The THX was stamped on there by the manufacturer in Taiwan. It was not Yambeka's doing.

I know thats what they are saying that it is the manufacturer, however my point is if you owned a company and your manufacturer used a tradmark THX and your equipment was not THX certified you should know that you are opening yourself up to a lawsuit. How hard would it be to the manufacturer to just drop THX from them name? this is a quote from them on the website I posted before

"Our manufacturer assured us that having the model name THX-1 would not infringe on others copyrights. They were wrong, and we have desisted from using the THX model number on any future advertisements."
So over 2yrs ago they knew it was a problem but have not dropped the THX from the name.

These speakers are identical to the ones I got off ebay but different manufacturer. The ones I got are by A-Neutronics (www.a-neutronics.com) and they look and are packaged identically. The only difference is the logo on the bottom (which when I needed a replacement grill cover for one speaker I was told was just a push pin that goes into a hole on the panel). I got the set for $105 after shipping on ebay and they came from the wherehouse (seller:jjobin)

http://www.a-neutronics.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=42
scroll to the bottom of that page for a lot of pics

You are correct! It appears that this speaker set is just being bought at the factory level from a high volume, over seas manufacturer, and these American guys are just reselling them. They may pay a few pennies on the dollar to have their own specific names and/or logos attached.

Many are still for sale at or under $50 by this ebayer you mentioned: jjobin

For those really needing to save money!

Attachments

• Set g-off.jpg
    Set g-off.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
Every so many years I get approached by guys in a van with "EXTRA" speakers to sell.
This has the air of that old game. Anyone else remember that scam?
I'm not saying it is-just sounds similar in nature.;)

LOL! I do! BUT I do recognize these are much less cost so not much of a loss. Would any user here be willing to sacrifice a set to disassembly and professional examination and review?

Speaker Scams

A scam of international proportions ( Canada, U.S., Australia, U.K., Netherlands, Germany, Japan, Switzerland ). There are even web sites specifically devoted to exposing it.

Essentially it involves selling cheaply made, but impressive looking, home stereo speakers under the names:
Acoustic Response Series 707, Acoustic Image, Acoustic Lab Technology, Acoustic 3312 Studio Monitor, Dogg Digital, Digital Dogg Audio, Dahlton KV 1500, Dahlton KV 2500 TI Speakers, Dahlton AV5.1 THX, Grafdale, Digital Pro Audio, Pro Audio, Digital Pro Audio SL-T 2.8, Digital Audio SL-3810, Digital Audio DA 2000SL / 2000CS, Digital Audio 2000, Digital Audio Professional Speaker Systems SL-3810, Digital Audio Skyline 900-SL, Digital Audio SL-3910 Speakers, Skyline AD-900SL, Digital Audio 2003 DA 5.1, Pro-Series III, Digital Research 5.1 Pro Series, Digital Research DA 5.1 Pro Series III, Dynalab, Audiofile 835LR, Audiofile 583LR, Denmark Epiphany Audio speakers, Theater Research TR-1120, Theater Research TR-6000, Theater Research TR-1410 Digital Sound Speakers, Theater Research TR-900 Speakers, TR-5210 Professional Home Theater, Theater Research TR-2810, TR900, TR-6100 Digital Sound/5.1 Home Cinema, Theater Research Pro Series III Professional Home Theater TR5160, 8810 Linear phase studio monitors, FAKE Cerwin-Vega AVS-632 Surround Sound, FAKE Cerwin Vega AVS 632 Speakers, Protecsound PT-5000 digital surround sound system speakers.

Using a variety of names and ruses out of the back of vans and SUV's. Most shocking is that it appears to be some kind of franchise operation for cons with impressive brochures, decals, and even bogus websites to delude you into believing you have gotten quite a deal.

Last edited:
Those guys who scam people with speakers sell them for hundreds of dollars, if not thousands. 150 bucks for something we all know is a budget speaker line doesn't quite qualify for that scam.

I know based on the set I got working plus the ebay feedback that all of the sets are good (as the van scam was the first thought I had as well.) As long as you pay with paypal for either brand you are safe as if they do not work or you are unsatisfied just file a paypal claim. I am not sure of yambeka's policy but with the ebay seller I purchased from it was a no questions asked refund policy minus shipping (though I am sure with a paypal claim you could even recover that).

I just placed my order! We've had an LCD TV in our living room since June with no receiver/speakers hooked up to it. I just purchased a new Onkyo receiver to put in the dedicated HT, and will be moving my old Yamaha receiver to the living room to pair with the new Yambekas!

This better be legit... ;)

http://www.a-neutronics.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=42
scroll to the bottom of that page for a lot of pics

You are correct! It appears that this speaker set is just being bought at the factory level from a high volume, over seas manufacturer, and these American guys are just reselling them. They may pay a few pennies on the dollar to have their own specific names and/or logos attached.

Many are still for sale at or under $50 by this ebayer you mentioned: jjobin

For those really needing to save money!

Geez at 50 bucks its hardly a scam.

That was my point; I was reminiscing about the old speaker scams, and then mentioned if people were taking an interest here and wanted to save any more money, the exact same set was even cheaper at ebay.

by this ebayer that was mentioned: jjobin

Last edited:
I would expect that these speakers are probably worth the money but also feel I should point out that they are not 5.1 or 7.1. The .1 implies that there is a sub-woofer which is not included with these speakers. Properly labeled they would be 5 speaker or 7 speaker systems.

Well I took the plunge and ordered a demo set. It'll be a few weeks before I see them because I had them shipped down to Guatemala.

If they're all that this review says, I'll have a decent line of good-priced speakers to promote for entry-level home theater.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)