Satelliteguys Exclusive- Yambeka 5 Speaker HT

He told me there was a possiblility of a new set of speakers and that is why I have held back on buying new ones.

He forwarded me pics and they are beautiful. Look for a review when he gets them in a couple of months.

Hi,
First time posting but have been lurking for a long time,any way thinking of buying these for a 5.1 set-up onkyo reciever and a newly purchased Klipsh Rw-10d sub was leaning towards klipsh referance all around but after revieing all your'e comments here and the amazing price just wondering if these will stack up against the klipsh referance series.

Hi,
First time posting but have been lurking for a long time,any way thinking of buying these for a 5.1 set-up onkyo reciever and a newly purchased Klipsh Rw-10d sub was leaning towards klipsh referance all around but after revieing all your'e comments here and the amazing price just wondering if these will stack up against the klipsh referance series.
Im sure the Klipsh speakers will out perform them.

Klipsch speakers will probably out perform them but not for the money you would have to pay to get them.

Hi,

Speakers are VERY subjective. I don't like Klipsh at all, but they are of a very good quality. I don't know about the the others. Listening is the only way to tell if you will like a particular speaker.

I finally installed a set (I bought 4 from Brian, sold the other 3) in my studio/theater at the office. First I used them without a sub, and frankly I was pretty disappointed by the bass output from just the two 8-inch woofers. At first I had them firing outwards, the change to inwards facing did give the low end a small boost.
Soundstage is pretty big, the front is quite seamless for movies, I tried several, including Master and Commander: the far side of the earth and Saving Private Ryan, both excellent dts dvds. The speakers handled the explosions, cannon shots, machine guns, etc with aplomb, never distorting even at the highest levels. The center channel reproduces dialogues clearly, very important for movie and TV watching.
Once I added a subwoofer and changed the front crossover settings from full-range to 80hz, sound improved considerably. The lessened strain on the amplifier (AMC R9 receiver) was evident with much clearer mids and highs, and the added low-end from the 12-inch, 150 w sub completed the sound quite nicely.

On stereo sources, I found the Yambekas to be lacking a bit of coherence, soundstage and imaging compared to my Magnepan MMG's. Granted, the front Maggies alone cost 3x what the entire Yambeka set sells for! Still, for the price, it's really hard to go wrong with these, especially for a theater situation where critical music listening will not be a primary concern.

All in all, an excellent deal.

Availability?

I am wondering if these guys are still around. I sent an email inquiring about the speakers to the contact email at their website and I haven't received a response. If these guys aren't in business anymore, do any of you have any recommendation for a 7 speaker set for a reasonable price?

Yes, I am trying to contact them too. I sent numerous email but I did not get any reply. Though one day I called and talked to Braian and he said that he would ship the replacement speaker.(One of my surround speaker went bad). He never shipped the speaker till date.

Does any one know about any other phone number of Brain?

I am wondering if these guys are still around. I sent an email inquiring about the speakers to the contact email at their website and I haven't received a response. If these guys aren't in business anymore, do any of you have any recommendation for a 7 speaker set for a reasonable price?

I sent a message to Brian asking about shipping to an APO address. Just waiting for a reply.

Has anyone gotten a set shipped to an APO address?

*On a side note... this is my first post! I have been a long time lurker. It's nice to be a part of a community that cares about all this junk like I do!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts