SatelliteGuys First Look - Hopper 4! (April fools!)

It will give us the ability to change the channel displayed in the video window in the guide without exiting the guide to change channels. You didn't say it is a feature that does not exist on Directv receivers. They have had this ability for a long time. :raspberry
I don't get it

Reactions: TheKrell
I don't get it
On Directv receivers, you can go all the way to the left in the guide (highlighting the block with the channel number, name, and logo) and select that block to change the channel in the video window in the upper-right corner, while continuing to browse the guide. Dish receivers have never had the ability to do this. You cannot navigate to that far-left block at all. When you select a channel, it automatically exits the guide. So, you have to press the Guide button again if you want to continue browsing the guide. It is a little thing, but it is a feature that I quite enjoyed using on my Directv receivers, and that I have always wanted Dish to add to theirs.

Reactions: HipKat
Ok. I’ll hold off moving to an H3 until I hear from you about this new thing. :)
I'll go ahead and take the plunge. I figured that is what Dish was waiting for. When I finally upgrade to a Hopper 3, they will finally release the Hopper 4. You can all thank me later. Now, if navychop would also get on board, the Hopper 4 would be released that much sooner! :biggrin

Heck. Mine's on backorder.
Sorry about that, mine came in yesterday. It doesn't need a TV or surround sound, it transmits video and audio directly to your brain, but it's hard to get disconnected from it even if you leave the room.

Of course, Dish is switching to Roman numerals for the fourth version of the Hopper, naming it Hopper IV. This branding is to tie in with their new Hopper accessory, the Hopper I.V. It injects all of your entertainment needs directly into your bloodstream. The commercial will feature a satisfied customer saying, "I can't quit Dish. It's in my blood!"

Of course, Dish is switching to Roman numerals for the fourth version of the Hopper, naming it Hopper IV. This branding is to tie in with their new Hopper accessory, the Hopper I.V. It injects all of your entertainment needs directly into your bloodstream. The commercial will feature a satisfied customer saying, "I can't quit Dish. It's in my blood!"
Actually, this is true, because Dish is taking my advice, and naming the new model Hopper 5 instead.
If you make enough predictions, one of them is bound to come true eventually. We'll have to wait to see which one of these actually happens. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)