SatelliteGuys First Look Review - DISH Sling Adapter

Does anybody know how I can determine which T-Mobile smartphones have video output? I think it would be handy to feed video from a phone to the monitors in my wife's van when we are on trips. It might help keep the kids quieter.

htc evo does but its on sprint. i don't think t-mobile has such phone yet.

I just updated my Garminfone Android OS from 1.6 to 2.1 lat night. IT will be interesting to see today if it performs any better with the DISH Remote Access.

Has anybody here done an update on their mobile OS after adding this? Have you noticed any differences?

I just read this entire thread and all I can think of is ........ Holy crap someone bought the Nuvi phone

can you please tell me if this sling adapter that you hook it up with dish vip722dvr works with standalone sling media player and mobile ( any kind) ? I couldn't set mine up with any sling player. I can only watch it from inside of my dishnetwork account. I can't carry my laptop at my work and cellphone is the only thing allowed. I bought this sling adapter ($99.00) and sling player mobile for $29.99 to watch Football on my mobile with slingplayer, when i am not home. and I'm so frustrated that customer service at dish network pass me back and forth on phone to sling media customer service and dishnetwork. one says its not our product so we can't help another says its not our service. I'm about to return it. can somebody help me set up on mobile phone please ??? so that I can use it to my sling player mobile please.

i'd really appreciate anybody taking time to help me. atleast if anybody knows it works or not. if not is there a chance that it'd work on future or do i have to return it back to the dish network.

I'm using the Sling Adapter with the Sling Media player (Windows version) but it only works with the old version 2.0.3.,the other bad part is that only allows you to see live tv, the DVR button is disable on the virtual remote control :(

This might be a networking questions, BUT it relates to the Sling Adapter. I am already using the Sling Adapter and I only have DSL service. Cable is NOT available where I live. If I were to get say a Monsoon Vulkano and steam TV1 through it at the same time as I Stream TV2 through the Sling Adapter, will the Monsoon Vulkano adversely affect the stream of the Sling Adapter, or isn't there any way to determine that without simply trying it?

I have a Hava Platinum and the Sling Adapter, and I think it should work. I'm pretty sure they use different technology and don't interfere, but I haven't actually tried either remotely since getting the Sling Adapter. I have tried them both locally, and they both work at least serially.

Of course if you have inadequate upstream bandwidth, then they might interfere with each other.

"satellite signal lost" error message - what does that mean when it shows up when connected via a sling adapter on a 722 at the point it should be starting to stream the video to either my desk top or my ipad????? I have no "satellite signal" problem as far as the receiver is concerned. Does it mean that the dish server is unable to move the bits fast enough to send to my remote device?? Double checked my connection speeds on my cable and I have over 30 Mbps down and over 3 up. Everything at my end seems to be functioning correctly. I have only had the adapter one day and I did have streaming video yesterday. All controls were working and I just had some periodic "stuttering" on HQ. Today, I just get the error message rather than video.

"satellite signal lost" error message - what does that mean when it shows up when connected via a sling adapter on a 722 at the point it should be starting to stream the video to either my desk top or my ipad????? I have no "satellite signal" problem as far as the receiver is concerned. Does it mean that the dish server is unable to move the bits fast enough to send to my remote device?? Double checked my connection speeds on my cable and I have over 30 Mbps down and over 3 up. Everything at my end seems to be functioning correctly. I have only had the adapter one day and I did have streaming video yesterday. All controls were working and I just had some periodic "stuttering" on HQ. Today, I just get the error message rather than video.

Regarding the post I made above, the problem was no longer there the next day. I guess it was just another one of the "bugs" in the system that is still getting sorted out. All was functioning very well for the hour or so I used it today. I think we are still doing beta testing here. BTW I use a powered USB hub with the SA, EHD, and wireless adapter.

Rec'd my Sling yesterday evening. It works 'ok' with the free Remote Access Android app, but the clarity is very blocky. I was having issues with changing the channels and the video freezing and not streaming smoothly. I'm not willing to shell out another $29.99 for the Dish App to see if it works better. The free Remote Access app works well enough and the "HD" signals does 16:9 and only goes 4:3 when the HD signal is not present during the programming (i.e. commercials or non-HD channels).

Right now I'm watching via the I.E. extension for Chrome and I'm very impressed with the clarity and smooth flow of the video. I'm using the "Better" setting and it looks pretty good. PC is an old P4 3.2 ghz, 2gb ram and stock video card via HP PC.

Sling.jpg

I just wish I could get my OTA channels using this thing.
You can if you have a 722k, or using a 722 you can get to them if they're recorded. But I agree; this inability to use the OTA tuner from TV2 is pretty lame.

You can if you have a 722k, or using a 722 you can get to them if they're recorded. But I agree; this inability to use the OTA tuner from TV2 is pretty lame.

Somehow, I haven't had that problem with either of my 722's. As often as not, I have to login, step back out, and login again to get where I want to be with either OTA or recordings, but I usually end up with what I want. Have you tried that?

Somehow, I haven't had that problem with either of my 722's. As often as not, I have to login, step back out, and login again to get where I want to be with either OTA or recordings, but I usually end up with what I want. Have you tried that?

I just tried this and no OTA. I still go back to the next lower satellite provided channel. At least I can see the OTA recorded shows.

I just figured out my own workaround. I start recording what I want then I go to my recorded DVR shows. I can now watch the OTA shows just a few seconds later. A PITA but it works.

I just tried this and no OTA. I still go back to the next lower satellite provided channel. At least I can see the OTA recorded shows.

I just figured out my own workaround. I start recording what I want then I go to my recorded DVR shows. I can now watch the OTA shows just a few seconds later. A PITA but it works.
I'm sorry, but I was wrong in my comments. Somehow, I thought we were talking about Live vs. Recorded, rather than OTA vs Sat provided or Recorded. I don't have OTA on the 722 with the Sling Adapter, so I'm not seeing your problem. My apologies for confusing things.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Just to be painfully clear, you go to your TV1 remote at home in order to start the recording? Or can you start the recording via Sling Adapter?

Last edited:
Just to be painfully clear, you go to your TV1 remote at home in order to start the recording? Or can you start the recording via Sling Adapter?

To be clear indeed. :) I can start recording the OTA show using the sling adapter. In a few seconds I can just go to my recorded shows and view via the sling adapter as long as I go through the motions of viewing a recorded DVR show even if it's still recording. I am just watching the show delayed several extra seconds. There is no need to be home to get this started though it can be done that way as well.

I thank you for giving me this idea in post # 172.

To be clear indeed. :) I can start recording the OTA show using the sling adapter. In a few seconds I can just go to my recorded shows and view via the sling adapter as long as I go through the motions of viewing a recorded DVR show even if it's still recording. I am just watching the show delayed several extra seconds. There is no need to be home to get this started though it can be done that way as well.
Note that this is the way TV2 has always worked - it doesn't matter if you have a Sling Adpater attached to your 722 or not. You can't view OTA directly on TV2, but you can start a recording of an OTA channel. Since TV2 can view anything you have recorded, it can view your OTA recording.

Note that this is the way TV2 has always worked - it doesn't matter if you have a Sling Adpater attached to your 722 or not. You can't view OTA directly on TV2, but you can start a recording of an OTA channel. Since TV2 can view anything you have recorded, it can view your OTA recording.

This is true. It's also true that you can't even see the OTA channels on TV2. But when viewing via the sling adapter, it looks like you can get to them. The channels are listed in the guide and you even have the "view via the web" option listed. When you try, it just doesn't work.

Same issue as most. Android app will not let me view recorded programming yet PC viewing works. I noticed that the iPhone app is experiencing the same issue. Strange how some can get it working. Tried plenty of back outs, shut downs, reloads ... nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts