Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
We are aware that there is an issue with out audio dropping out from time to time. We have done all kinds of testing and have determined that the drop outs are not on our side.

In talking with our streaming provider which learned there is a bug in their software which is custom software written for them which allows them to insert ads over the PSA ads that we run and some stations are having this issue.

The server we are on is their oldest server and is not up to date on its serving software. So many stations are on this box that they figured if it aint broke then don't fix it.

They just put me on a new server and I have been running a test stream to it for an hour and no dropouts. I have a friend who is on that new server and he has no dropout issues either.

So tonight our host is going to set us up on the new server and we will migrate our SatelliteGuys Radio streams over to the new servers. In a few days we will stop transmitting to the old servers and only be broadcasting to the new one. You as a listener will not need to make any changes we will only need to make changes to our .pls files which are used to launch the streams on your players.

Thanks for listening! We will sound better soon... I promise! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts