Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Hey guys...

Every day more and more people are listning to SatelliteGuys Radio! We also have an amazing international following as well! As I said we are getting more and more listeners every day! A majority of listeners coming to us using TuneIn Radio or the TuneIn Raido app!

SatelliteGuys Radio is a show operated by SatelliteGuys members. We are looking for more SatelliteGuys members to get involved! If you have ever wanted to get into radio here is your chance! The best part about it is it does not take long to do a show each day. In fact most DJ's on our station are able to voice their shows for air in less then 15 minutes a day!

We have openings for the following shifts...

Midnight - 6AM - Overnights on SatelliteGuys Radio!
6AM - 9AM - The Morning Show!
5PM - 8PM - Drive Time
8PM - 10PM Evenings (On Select nights)

We are also looking for specialty weekend programming and specitialy programming for select weeknights ( Tuesday and Thursday Nights are OPEN!)

Ideas for shows include...

80's Weekend Countdown
70's Show
Hard Rock Show
50's and 60's show ETC.

We will work with you and teach you our automation system which can have you sounding like a pro on your first show!

In addition, based on feedback we are thinking of adding a second channel to our lineup. Based on feedback we are getting there seems to be a growing audience for 50's and 60's music. I am thinking instead of adding 50's and 60's to SatelliteGuys Radio to make it a separate channel of its own. Would anyone be in interesting in doing shows on a 50's and 60's channel?

Overall my vision is for us to have a total of 3 channels.

SatelliteGuys 1 - The Best of the 70's and 80's
SatelliteGuys 2 - The Best of the 50's and 60's
SatelliteGuys Talk - The Best Talk Shows from SatelliteGuys Members

Remember a majority of our listeners are NOT SatelliteGuys Members so your show is reaching the world. So we are footing the bill and costs to make YOU a star! :) It costs you nothing to host your own shows here at SatelliteGuys radio! The only requirements for doing a show is that you are a SatelliteGuys member and that you are a Pub Member.

Get involved these are your channels! Once you get started you will find it addictive! I am working on a few things which can reward those doing shows as well. So why not be a Star on SatelliteGuys Radio. :D

So the feedback that is needed is what are your thoughts on us adding a new 50's and 60's channel. And would anyone be interested in hosting shows on these channels.

Thanks for listening to SatelliteGuys Radio!

I wish we could get several to do talk shows. I love listening to talk radio.
I also think that 50's and 60's would be a big hit like the 80's music.

More feedback needed...

As you know we have ads now so that we can pay for the music licensing and keep the station legal.

At the moment I have the ads broken up with ads at the bottom of the hour and near the top of the hour.

It is my pledge to you that SatelliteGuys radio will not have more than 6 minutes of ads per hour. At the moment we run 4 - 5 minutes per hour. I don't really want to go higher then that. I just want to pay the bills and play good music.

So should we keep it like it is now with ads at the top and bottom of each hour or have one long ad break before the top of the hour making the next hour 55 minutes commercial free.

Please let me know your feedback. Thanks for listening!

Keep it like it is. If the commercial breaks are too long people tend to tune out. IMO. I know a couple of radio stations around here that claimed the 45 minutes of commercial free music, but they were losing listeners. People got tired of waiting 15 minutes on music. I know Satguys Radio is not 15 mins but I feel it applies here as well. Needs to be 3 mins of commercials and then 27 mins of music, the 3 mins of commercials,...repeat. At least this is my feedback on it. :)

I will have a look at callinstudio later. Glad you found an alternative, will have to read up on it.

I think a 50's - 60's channel would go over really well...and I hear that Orlando might be interested in hosting an hour or two a week.....

Keep it like it is. If the commercial breaks are too long people tend to tune out. IMO. I know a couple of radio stations around here that claimed the 45 minutes of commercial free music, but they were losing listeners. People got tired of waiting 15 minutes on music. I know Satguys Radio is not 15 mins but I feel it applies here as well. Needs to be 3 mins of commercials and then 27 mins of music, the 3 mins of commercials,...repeat. At least this is my feedback on it. :)

Or if they're irritating commercials, people will tune out also.

I have been watching and nobody has been tuning out when commercials are on. Our avg listen time is now close to 2 hours per listener. :)

Yup.

I can fix it but it will break again the next time we do another "all whatever weekend"

We break songs up by decades, some came out in 79 but were on the charts in 80. Some songs were both a pop hit and a love song so they go into those categories... or a rock hit and love song. Then we have a category for ladies of the 80's as I was getting complaints we were not playing enough music by the ladies... so this fixed that... but now songs are also in love songs and maybe pop as well.

I can go through and turn off the duplicates, but it must be done song to song... When we go all 70's for a weekend I turn off requests for all 80's songs and turn on requests for 70's Songs. When the weekend is over I turn 70's requests off and 80's back on and it turns all of them on again including the ones I turned off before. So its a cat and mouse game. In addition some duplicates are actually different versions of the songs... sometimes you select one and it might be a longer album cut. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts