Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
For those folks who use our SatelliteGuys Reader app, you might have noticed you can't use it today. I am hoping to get this corrected ASAP, but this their support in Hong Kong not sure how long its going to take.

For now I suggest downloading their free Tapatalk app to access the site.

Here is the issue... when a new version of the app is available to us I log into their website and click the make new version button on their website. It takes 2 - 3 days for their system to compile the updated app. Once the app is built I can then download it and from there I submit those apps to their respective app stores.

Well a new version has come out and I logged and clicked the button to make a new build... then 3 days later I was getting an error message saying the new version refused to build. I contacted support and after 3 times contacting them they fixed the issue so I could make a new version.

So last week after they fixed it I clicked to make a new version. On Monday I got an email saying my new version was ready for download. So I downloaded the files and went to upload them to the app stores and when I do I get a message that "No .app files found in package" and my apps were instantly rejected.

I contacted support about this and was told that there is something wrong with my account on their end and it will take a few days for them to fix it... and then they suggested that I let them compile and update it when it was fixed and that they would charge me less for it. Sounded like a great deal to me... so I said sure.

This morning I received the following email from support...

Hi
We were not able to adjust the subscription fee to a lower rate due to pay pal restrictions. So we went ahead cancelled your enterprise subscription.

As a next step, pls. log into your forum owner control panel, under subscription settings, select premium then hit upgrade. Once completed, that will open up all the tabs in BYO (see attached) so you can submit the information we need for the app.

Once the information is submitted, the process takes about 3 weeks, and maybe a little longer.

It takes us about a week to build and test the app. After testing we will submit the apps for review and approval.

Apple is taking about 12-14 days to review and review approve apps, Google about 5-7 days. We start with iOS app so both apps should be available about the same time.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Tapatalk Support Team

So they cancelled my enterprise subscription... a subscription I just paid for last week for this month... and in doing that CANCELED OUR LICENSE. They should not have canceled our license since we are paid through 9/8!

Anyways trying to work with their support on this and have our license reinstated, but again their support is on much different hours then we are. But to say I am pissed is calling it gently.

I apologize for the inconvenience!

Just a heads up, they are having me install a server side update currently, so Tapatalk will be unavailable for a few minutes while I perform this update.

Ok Tapatalk is back online.

It may take awhile for the timeline feature to work again as that is rebuilding now.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Yup looks like a bug in their new server plug in. It has already been reported. Use the unread on the top until it's fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)