SatelliteGuys - Retailer Chat Recap: April 22nd 2008

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
8 national Markets is a pretty big rollout. plus i'm sure there's more to be uplinked tomorrow. Scott, do think tomorrow is the last LiL rollout till may and they'll use next wednesday for National HD?

Yes but wouldn't you get the right info before saying something wrong to make you look stupid:D:)

They probably assumed the information was correct since that is someone's job to make sure they had correct slides. Once they got to air you're right, they should have been correct, but the On-Air shouldn'thave to proofread at that point. if they REALLY care that the wrong sat location was listed for channels (which really doesn't matter to anyone but the engineers) then i'm sure they're going to be reprimanded

Is there a reason why they don't give out specific dates on launching national HD? Can they get sued or something?

Who knows with DN because Direct TV does it all the time they tell when there going to be launched so there customers know when to expect them:)Come on Dish gives us dates when your going to launch national HD so your customer knows.

SOON = "Someday, Or Ostensibly Never"

I've got SciFiHD, I'm happy.
I've got HD locals tomorrow, maybe. That would make me even more happy.

Dealers have been told to stop running the "John Madden" and "Charles Barkley: ads by Frank Caliendo. They said that these ads were expired. (Funny I remember there being a lawsuit about these two ads... hmmm) ;)

And now the best part of the show...

Leslie Harper with Tech News.

Leslie announces that external receivers can be moved between 622's and 722's and the 612! Your not locked into one receiver now!

Leslie says that they will be showing off a DPP33 switch at Team Summit plus a new Dish for "Eastern" customers.

TV2 IR Solution is coming soon, plus some cool new remote controls! (COOL!)

Tech Forum May 12th on Channel 101 at 9pm.

And that does it for Tech News

Dealers have been told to stop running the "John Madden" and "Charles Barkley: ads by Frank Caliendo. They said that these ads were expired. (Funny I remember there being a lawsuit about these two ads... hmmm) ;)

Thank God! Those adds make me cringe everytime they run - my wife and I had a little problem trying to figure out who he was impersinating. They are on the same level as the Burger King plastic King and the old meat eating vegetarian in the Outback Steakhouse adds - totally lame. Maybe a little more $ towards the advertising budget would help, but only after all the badly needed HD locals and nationals are available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)