SatelliteGuys - Retailer Chat Recap: April 22nd 2008

The normal fees associated with the receiver you get will apply. In this case $5.00 for the receiver and $5.98 for the DVR fee.

Not a very even swap, huh? So Dish comes out on the happy end of this one by getting more fees from the customer.. Not sure this is going to be an acceptable solution to the customer.

Not a very even swap, huh? So Dish comes out on the happy end of this one by getting more fees from the customer.. Not sure this is going to be an acceptable solution to the customer.

Not this customer. Maybe combined with Eastern Arc I can turn in the 508 & 721 and get a ViP722 for a reasonable price (like $100). The day appears to be rapidly approaching when I must replace my Sony 27" CRT in the bedroom with a HDTV. It no longer responds to one remote (yes, batteries are ok) but still sometimes responds to an older remote. It seems the TV recognizes some older versions of the IR codes as well as the "newer" ones. Known issue with this model. Of course, the TV is over 15 years old.

So another SD DVR is of little or no use to me. And no doubt others. Give us a good upgrade path with Eastern Arc and you'll get a few 721s out of the system.

I'll miss that 721. Works great, when it works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)