SatelliteGuys - Retailer Chat Recap: April 22nd 2008

Originally Posted by n0qcu
Good for some people but bad for those of us that need a NTSC tuner in their receiver.

You won't be needing it much longer.

Not quite. Low power stations won't be required to switch to digital until after the 09 deadline. If folks get some of their channels on Low Powers they'll still need NTSC.

After months of wondering what the hell was wrong at Dish, now we know: they've been taken over by the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.

The Encyclopedia Galactica defines a robot as "an automaton designed to take the place of a man." The marketing division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation defines a robot as "Your Plastic Pal Who's Fun To Be With!" The Hitchhikers' Guide To The Galaxy defines the marketing division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation as "a bunch of mindless jerks who'll be the first against the wall when the revolution comes."

--Douglas Adams

After months of wondering what the hell was wrong at Dish, now we know: they've been taken over by the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.

--Douglas Adams

DISH IS GETTING SIRIUS??? I thought their was something funny about Dish, who would have thunk it Dish was never Sirius before.

Maybe someone on the call will have the guts to ask why Dish is so secretive about future HD plans when DirecTV gives planned channel launch dates all the time. ;)
Perhaps you would be willing to share where DIRECTV offers these channel launch dates? I'm sure there are legions who wouldn't waste their time checking the headlines here every Wednesday morning if they knew how to access such a resource.

It Portland, ME not Porland, ME

The guy is trying to type while listening to the chat and watching the slates as they come up and you are going to bitch about missing a "T" in the towns name!?! :rolleyes: I have a suggestion, how about getting a life! Geez, seriously. :down

billing.

Although I think this time around it would be fun to send them to your service address since thats where you need the cards. (not) ;)

Thats what happend to me during the last swap. I found out when I got home from work and none of my channels worked. They were cool about it and even overnighted replacements to the billing address. Talk about a dont ask dont tell policy. They did not ask me one question as to why I never recvd my cards at the service address. What dish does not know cant hurt them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts