SatelliteGuys Rumor Alert

Would be nice for them to replace what their moving with some other channels. Maybe an Encore or two.

I was hoping for maybe something different like Flix or The Movie Channel west feeds or something entirely different in a good way like HBO Family or/and 5StarMax. However, I doubt that will happen. Would be nice to see something added since Dish will be taking away three channels if this is true.

That is why I wish they would not have done the rename of the add-on. I liked the variety of the Dish Movie Pack. We already lost WFN and now MTV Live.

What about those with Dish America? Will they also have MTV Live taken away from them? I find that package to already be overpriced.

Any channel packages other than the "AT" ones, should be considered abandoned. They won't get any new channels. I would think they'd treat the DishLatino packages equally to the AT ones though, but it appears they don't.

Channel 369 MTV Live has disappeared from my guide and gives a "Programming Not Authorized" message when I type in "369" to tune it. I had a chat with Dish and was advised it is no longer in the Dish movie package, but is available in
the 250 and Everything packages. It is by far the best music video channel and I hate losing it.
Still have it on at120+ today

Channel 369 MTV Live has disappeared from my guide and gives a "Programming Not Authorized" message when I type in "369" to tune it. I had a chat with Dish and was advised it is no longer in the Dish movie package, but is available in the 250 and Everything packages. It is by far the best music video channel and I hate losing it.
A lot of the MTV Live content was first aired on Voom's Rave channel, which was among the best Voom channels because of its reltively fresh and good quality content including fresh and recent Later . . .with Jools Holland. Also, better HD PQ in the days of Voom than today.

Reactions: pattykay
My combination of programming packages was too good to be true. Now, without MTV Live, Dish Movie Package is less good. There could be further erosion to my programming packages due to the fact of them all being too good. This thread alerted me to this significantly bad development. Even though I don't know how I am going to do it, I must soldier on because I just signed a 24 month commitment and I cannot afford anything else higher priced.

My combination of programming packages was too good to be true. Now, without MTV Live, Dish Movie Package is less good. There could be further erosion to my programming packages due to the fact of them all being too good. This thread alerted me to this significantly bad development. Even though I don't know how I am going to do it, I must soldier on because I just signed a 24 month commitment and I cannot afford anything else higher priced.

Attempt at humor?

Hmmm, I wonder if this means the FXX Now app will be able to validate against Dish now. Seems they were missing before.

I'll gladly trade Centric & Logo for NAT Geo Wild. It's not like I have a choice but there is a better chance of me watching Nat Geo Wild than Centric & Logo. Starz on Demand is basically the only reason I sub to Dish movie package. I already get Epix movies on the Hulu platform and Mplex, Indie, and Retro are Starz channels so those movies are basically on Starz & Encore on Demand. The other movie channels are edited for time and content. I won't watch those channels.

I'll gladly trade Centric & Logo for NAT Geo Wild. It's not like I have a choice but there is a better chance of me watching Nat Geo Wild than Centric & Logo. Starz on Demand is basically the only reason I sub to Dish movie package. I already get Epix movies on the Hulu platform and Mplex, Indie, and Retro are Starz channels so those movies are basically on Starz & Encore on Demand. The other movie channels are edited for time and content. I won't watch those channels.

Centric & Logo are no longer in my Dish movie package. They disappeared about 10 days ago. I didn't watch them so no problem. However, MTV Live was dropped and it was the channel I watched the most in the Dish Movie package, and I may drop it for that reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts