SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 09/15/2007

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
Louisiana
Today's uplink report should answer several questions about Big Ten Network HD.

Click Here for the Report

Highlights:
Fox Ohio? RSN added to 129 transponder 8

HD Pay Per Views are now available. Can anyone comment on the prices?

BIG TEN HD added along with HD "overflow" channels but are not available yet.

Possible DRM testing added for HDNet Movies.

Last edited:
Thats 9 HDPPVs and a whole slew of Alternative 10 channels for B10. Pretty sweet.

Now, how about some more national HDs... maybe next week. :D

At first I got confused, not seeing that there were 129 and 61.5 listings. ;)

Another RSN in HD (FoxOH) uplinked that is not available? Can someone tell me what that's about? Why do they have all of those uplinked HD RSN's but leave them unavailable? Are they used for the sports packages like NHL CI?

Another RSN in HD (FoxOH) uplinked that is not available? Can someone tell me what that's about? Why do they have all of those uplinked HD RSN's but leave them unavailable? Are they used for the sports packages like NHL CI?

It's all about legal/price negotiations. "We've got your channel setup in our system? When will you be ready to agree and sign on our price?"

<sarcasm>Dreams can come true! HDPPV BABY! WOO HOO Watch out D*!!!</sarcasm>

I dunno, with the fact that you can now save your HD Movie onto your external hard drive and in effect add it to your library, I kind of like having the extra HDPPV channels. Cheaper than buying a blu-ray player.

Do people really watch that much PPV?

Well they can now.

I think that the reason for the 9 HD PPV channels is flexibility. When needed, they can use this TP space for say the Big10 HD games on Saturday afternoon, or NHL:CI or NBA:LP games. Maybe even multiple Olympic HD feeds. That kind of stuff.

And when those events are not taking place (which is a vast majority of the time), they just run HD PPV in its place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)