SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 11/24/2007

Note that this is the "Uplink Activity Discussion" - not the "Lack of Activity Discussion". ;) Perhaps, it would be helpful to have a separate "Lack of Activity Discussion" thread that can go on and on and on...

digiblur - With the lack of uplink activity lately, what are you doing with all of your unexpected free time? Have you taken up a new hobby? :D

Working on my money making hobby... installing wood floors and ceramic tile ;) Christmas money has to come from somewhere.

He probably is trying to figure out ways to hit satellites that dont cover CONUS, such as Hispasat 1C

Too many trees here for that bird. I'm lucky to see from 50 degrees to 135 degrees with the massive amount of large live oaks in my area.

Yeah we got several weeks left in the year so still sometime for some new HD to come online.

Maybe someone can start a new poll for: "When do you think E* will give us new National HD ? "

Then list choices of

A: during 2008 CES
B: when ATT owns E*
C: 60 days after the next Sat is launched

The way Voom is now they need to drop or consolidate some of the worthless channels and add some of the new channels that have recently started up. I just took the Voom channels out of my guide they have very very little value now.

Oh, now you've done it. :)
I like 10 of the Voom channels and watch them regularly! None of those are "worthless" to me and still have LOTS of value as far as I am concerned!

I bet if you compare people's watched channels on voom, none are worthless.

See ya
Tony

I knew it would get a response out of someone.:D But I think this schedule that started last week with Voom has devalued the channels and they need to be consolidated down to 3 or 4 channels. There are to many channels now online that have HD content also that people want to see, to have these channels taking up space repeating the same 4hr block over over everyday.

I agree if you are going to show the same shows over and over again or the same two shows over and over again, there is no sense in having 15 channels of VOOM. IF this was any other hd channel people would agree with this too. It was acceptable back in the early days of HD to do this but there is NO excuse to do so today with all the hd channels we have to choose from. Something is going on at VOOM if they feel the need to do this now when they were at least offering more than two redundant shows a day , before.

Oh, now you've done it. :)
I like 10 of the Voom channels and watch them regularly! None of those are "worthless" to me and still have LOTS of value as far as I am concerned!

I bet if you compare people's watched channels on voom, none are worthless.

See ya
Tony
I use to agree with you until they butchered them by showing only 2 movies a day (over and over again)

Since then VOOM has been worthless.

I don't watch TV more than a couple to 4 hours a day (I mean sit and watch and do nothing else--the TV is always on :)) so I can't watch more than two movies a day.

Not worthless. Still watch at least one Voom channel every day. Equator is a "default channel" for me now like "The Science Channel" (which shows 3 hours of programming a day then repeats it over and over) used to be.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)