SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - Week Ending 04/07/2007

Excuse me Mr. Airblair,

Why do you specifically and only place a (NA) next to SNY? Is there something about that channel where it definitely won't become available?

I am hoping SNY-HD is turned on before tomorrow nights Mets game.

I just got back from my local cable office to schedule a Thurs morning install for HD. TWC calls it the "Digital Starter Pack". It will give me all NYC local HD stations which include the "Big 4" that I also get from Dish but add WWOR (MyTV), WPIX (The CW), WNET (PBS) and several digital sub-channels along with SNY and YES in HD.

This would cost me an extra $30 per month but if E* turns SNY-HD on I will cancel that install. I would love to keep that $30 in my pocket. The other channels would be nice but I can wait for those. SNY-HD is the most important thing to me right now.

Last nights Cards - Mets game on ESPN2-HD got me salivating all over the place and I just can't wait any longer to get most or all of the games in HD.

PS.. I for one don't care about EI. I can't imagine many would but we should have an option for at least 1 out of market RSN package. Many people move and leave their favorite team(s) behind. I can see this as a very attractive add on for many people.

In HD of course. :D

Just want to point out one thing, these are not HD Channels, instead they are only select HD games.

Just because your team is in HD today does not necessarly mean that tommorows game will be shown in HD.

I see the Orioles game on ESPN2 is blacked out tonight. :mad: Time to call Dish and offer my weekly bitching about WTF is MASN. Let's get it in gear E* and get this channel up, it has most all the games for TWO teams now. No excuse for it's abscence, it better be up by 7PM

Jeez... I thought people would be happy to hear about this addition.

Many of us are happy Digi, I can assure you. I'm happy and I don't even live in either of the FSNRM or FSNMW areas. I am a little worried about the 'only select games' statement but i'll wait to see what that's all about. Right now I'm just happy that there is hope of FSN North.

All that being said I'll give it another dozen or so posts before someone asks where YES HD is.

Just want to point out one thing, these are not HD Channels, instead they are only select HD games.

Just because your team is in HD today does not necessarly mean that tommorows game will be shown in HD.

I'm wondering what games are going to be "selected." Teams with better records? Rivalry games? On a rotating basis? Is this just a baseball thing to compensate for an upcoming lack of EI? Who knows.

In a weird way, this is almost as frustrating as not having the HD RSN's at all, except for the lucky few with teams being shown in HD. Congrats for you guys, that's awesome. Really is nice to see progress. Hopefully, it's my turn next.

I'm in the Chicago area and now part of me is thinking I, too, should be able to watch the White Sox in HD but I can't. But the Rockies ARE in HD? (Sorry Rockies fans...) WTF? It's absolutely great we've finally seen some HD for some RSN's. Hopefully the ball will keep on rollin'.

Maybe for the better the White Sox weren't in HD today. I'd rather watch them win in HD, not get blown out by Cleveland...

Excuse me Mr. Airblair,

Why do you specifically and only place a (NA) next to SNY? Is there something about that channel where it definitely won't become available?

Whoops, that's an editing error, nothing more.

I have absolutely no insider knowledge, about Dish Network or about anything, really.

I'm getting those two channels, one game is blacked out, and the other has a Dish logo with music. Why isn't FSN-NW coming in, there is a game at 3:30 pacific time. Does Dish not have an agreement with them to broadcast games in HD?

I hope this means we get to see the end of the Hockey season and playoffs in HD. If not, this will just be adding insult to injury from not getting these up for the Hockey season. I rarely watch baseball anymore.

I was wondering the same thing. For those that can see either of the 2 live HD RSN's, does it show future games in the EPG?

Have the FOXMW HD on a 622 EPG and it does show future games. BTW only select games are in HD because the RSN is showing only select games in HD, not Dish's decision on what games are in HD.

Yeaa, I got both. Fox MW and Fox Rockymnt HD. Cant wait for games to show up. I wonder if they will have college football games in HD this year?

I'm getting those two channels, one game is blacked out, and the other has a Dish logo with music. Why isn't FSN-NW coming in, there is a game at 3:30 pacific time. Does Dish not have an agreement with them to broadcast games in HD?

FSN-NW has announced that all Mariners home games will be in HD & some road games in HD. I sure hope we get them. I refuse to pay $50-60 a month to Comcast just to watch the games in HD. I wouldn't get D* either.

Today didn't matter to me, I didn't get home until 2 out in the 9th! I probably would have recorded it though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)