SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - Week Ending 04/14/2007

What have you guys been asking for again? ;) ;) ;)

SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - Week Ending 04/14/2007 - 17 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 04/11/2007 09:47A - 04/11/2007 12:08P - (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

574 - FPCHN [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar1 148W TP 25 ConUS beam (Not Available)
574 - FPCHN [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar3 61.5W TP 12 ConUS beam (Not Available)
575 - FPCHN [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar1 148W TP 25 ConUS beam (Not Available)
575 - FPCHN [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar3 61.5W TP 12 ConUS beam (Not Available)
5904 - XKJCT [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar2 148W TP 04 ConUS beam (Not Available)
5905 - XKREX [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar2 148W TP 04 ConUS beam (Not Available)
5906 - XKKCO [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar2 148W TP 04 ConUS beam (Not Available)
5907 - XKFQX [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar2 148W TP 04 ConUS beam (Not Available)
5908 - XKRMJ [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar2 148W TP 04 ConUS beam (Not Available)
6489 - KOCO [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar7 119W TP 03 Central Plains beam (Not Available)
6490 - KWTV [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar7 119W TP 03 Central Plains beam (Not Available)
6491 - KFOR [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar7 119W TP 03 Central Plains beam (Not Available)
6492 - KOKH [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar7 119W TP 03 Central Plains beam (Not Available)
7554 - KCWL [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 29 (Not Available)
9458 - MAX [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar5 129W TP 27 ConUS beam (Not Available)
9458 - MAX [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar3 61.5W TP 22 ConUS beam (Not Available)

Transponder Changes:
EchoStar7 119W TP 03 Central Plains beam 8PSK added to tables

Channels in the system: 3260
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available

Skinamax HD :p

Hopefully they added Outdoor Channel HD, they announced today they are cutting their carrige fee which is already under .10 per sub.

The fact that we (myself included) are still begging for the remaining RSN's in HD is a testament to what a debacle this issue has become. I mean, these were announced in September for god's sake.

Virtually every other service provider in my area and many others offers the area RSN in HD. At this point I can't decide what I'd like to know more, when i'll be getting my RSN in HD or why I don't have it already? I would really like to know the honest reason why we don't have it yet. Money? Contract? Software? TP space? What a joke...

...oh and please light up FSN North HD today. Thanks

Well I hope that other people have better experience with their RSN in HD but now that I have mine I can say that it really isn't any big deal right now. To date there has been NOTHING on FSN Rocky Mountain that I have seen. There was even a baseball game on the SD counterpart one night but still nothing in HD.

I am concerned that this will be a huge waste of bandwidth. I presume that they are only going to show a few hours at a time of HD (when necessary for pro/college sports?) but how many RSN's are they going to cram on one bird and what kind of bandwidth hit will that give us when all of the channels are active?

Well I hope that other people have better experience with their RSN in HD but now that I have mine I can say that it really isn't any big deal right now. To date there has been NOTHING on FSN Rocky Mountain that I have seen. There was even a baseball game on the SD counterpart one night but still nothing in HD.

I am concerned that this will be a huge waste of bandwidth. I presume that they are only going to show a few hours at a time of HD (when necessary for pro/college sports?) but how many RSN's are they going to cram on one bird and what kind of bandwidth hit will that give us when all of the channels are active?

To each their own I guess. 40 Twins games in HD is a big deal to me. Well, 38 now that I've already missed 2.

That's what's so frustrating to us in New England. You get an HD RSN that has shown little or no HD, and we can't get NESN HD, a 24/7 RSN:
NESN leads the industry in High Definition (HD) programming offering more events in HD than any other regional sports network in the country. In 2006, NESN became the first network to televise every MLB and NHL game in HD and originates all in-house studio programs in HD including NESN SportsDesk and The Boston Globe SportsPlus.
http://www.boston.com/sports/nesn/aboutus/hd/

5904 - XKJCT [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar2 148W TP 04 ConUS beam (Not Available)
5905 - XKREX [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar2 148W TP 04 ConUS beam (Not Available)
5906 - XKKCO [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar2 148W TP 04 ConUS beam (Not Available)
5907 - XKFQX [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar2 148W TP 04 ConUS beam (Not Available)
5908 - XKRMJ [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar2 148W TP 04 ConUS beam (Not Available)

Well... this one might have snuck by... These are Grand Junction local channels that are being mirrored and "X"ed... When a local channel is mirrored with an "X" that has traditionally been a sign that Dish is planning to move the channel to a location where subscribers may need new equipment. These X channels were all over the place when Dish moved a ton of channels from 119 to 110.

So the question is: Where are the Grand Junction locals moving to?

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)