SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - Week Ending 04/14/2007

I'm really starting to get annoyed with the infrequent announcement of HD LiLs and when they are, I'm not involved!

I know that I'm not the only E* subscriber in the world, but when a #46 market gets in before a #17 market I keep scratching my head!

I don't fully blame E* because I know that some stations are a pain to deal with... but... :(

I'm really starting to get annoyed with the infrequent announcement of HD LiLs and when they are, I'm not involved!

I know that I'm not the only E* subscriber in the world, but when a #46 market gets in before a #17 market I keep scratching my head!

I don't fully blame E* because I know that some stations are a pain to deal with... but... :(
While I'm sure that Cleveland is a much more populous DMA than OKC, I suspect that if you look at the number of satellite subs in each, the numbers might be pretty close to each other.

Congrats dish on cinemax HD!!! EXCELLENT!! Now.. hurry the heck up and give me vs hd, mhd etc! :) I want more HD!!!! :)

-B

Its also where they have bandwidth available. Looks like that beam was unused before. :)

I am still sad that there is no SNY-HD but if E* finally gets Cinemax HD all will be forgiven for a while. Great for E* and for us if Cinemax HD gets on. I hope its for real this time.

National transponder space is tight right now. They can add a DMA or up to 6 national HD channels... Right now it looks like the national TP space is going to national HD channels, and they are putting in LiL HD markets where they have space on spot beams. They had turned off this spot beam when they put up E10 (and moved the channels that were on it to E10).

Its also where they have bandwidth available. Looks like that beam was unused before. :)

Also you have to think about the logistics of getting the multimegabit HD content back to an uplink center to be sent up. So it's not uncommon to see them go out of order in the DMA markets. Whichever gives them the best bang for the buck...

Anyone else know what idle spotbeam bandwidth is out there?

Last edited:
While I'm sure that Cleveland is a much more populous DMA than OKC, I suspect that if you look at the number of satellite subs in each, the numbers might be pretty close to each other.

Yup, here in SW Okla. there are a LOT of dish receivers. The OKC DMA covers a lot of rural area, no cable, very little OTA, so people get the Satellite Receiver of their choice. AND E beat D to the punch, they were supposed to have the OKC area lit up last month.

SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - Week Ending 04/14/2007 - 1 change

Uplink Comparison Range: 04/11/2007 12:08P - 04/11/2007 10:28P - (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

9463 - NHLHD [MPEG2 HD] - EchoStar8 110W TP 13 ConUS beam changed to Available

Channels in the system: 3260
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available

You might be right... I have no way of knowing this. But if I see Glendive, Montana getting HD locals next month, I'm going to cable!!! :eek:

At least they could give us one of our two measly RSNs! That'll keep me content until next week! :smug

6489 - KOCO ABC (5)
6490 - KWTV CBS (9)
6491 - KFOR NBC (4)
6492 - KOKH FOX (25)

Missing UPN, PBS, and CW

I sure hope tulsa gets them, Directv just released theirs and the dont have the CBS, lots of people would switch for sure. I hear it everyday, "I'd switch to satellite if I could get my locals in HD without a antenna"

Come on Dish hook us up! Whenever Directv lights up locals you guys should too! and add a new HD (like cinemax) channel everytime, LOL!

6489 - KOCO ABC (5)
6490 - KWTV CBS (9)
6491 - KFOR NBC (4)
6492 - KOKH FOX (25)

Missing UPN, PBS, and CW

I sure hope tulsa gets them, Directv just released theirs and the dont have the CBS, lots of people would switch for sure. I hear it everyday, "I'd switch to satellite if I could get my locals in HD without a antenna"

Come on Dish hook us up! Whenever Directv lights up locals you guys should too! and add a new HD (like cinemax) channel everytime, LOL!
I'm just hoping that E* doesn't have the same issues with Sinclair and Hearst-Argyle that Cox Cable does. Cox has never carried 25-HD, and dropped 5-HD before the BCS championship. OETA (PBS) in HD would be a good add, but it's too bad that none of the repeats of Nova, Nature, ... are in HD.

6489 - KOCO ABC (5)
6490 - KWTV CBS (9)
6491 - KFOR NBC (4)
6492 - KOKH FOX (25)

Missing UPN, PBS, and CW

Did you expect UPN PBS or CW?

The HD LiL's are nice for some folks but I prefer the piece of metal in the air anyday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)