SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - Week Ending 04/21/2007

Yeah make sense! I will just be glad when Dish turns on the Oklahoma City Locals In HD. I tried calling the CBS Station to talk with some of the engineers but it seems they have been out of the office the last day or so. For now it's the waiting game. :)
NAB show has been in progress.

SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - Week Ending 04/21/2007 - 1 change

Uplink Comparison Range: 04/19/2007 12:04P - 04/20/2007 04:15P - (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

433 - MASN2 moved from EchoStar7 119W TP 18 ConUS beam to EchoStar8 110W TP 16 ConUS beam (A)

Channels in the system: 3261
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available

Ping pong again one more time and you'll make the list with the other ignored "TP jumpers". ;)

Last edited:
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - Week Ending 04/21/2007 - 1 change

Uplink Comparison Range: 04/19/2007 12:04P - 04/20/2007 04:15P - (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

433 - MASN2 moved from EchoStar7 119W TP 18 ConUS beam to EchoStar8 110W TP 16 ConUS beam (A)

Channels in the system: 3261
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available

Ping pong again one more time and you'll make the list with the other ignored "TP jumpers". ;)

So basically, you already have set it up to be ignored...

Next update on the dishchannelchart.com page MASN2 will be *** :) It's a named "ALT" channel. It will jump between all the alt transponders until the end of time.

See ya
Tony

Why is it going back and forth?

MASN2 is not a "real" channel on Dish. :)
Dish has many alternate sports channels and major league package channels that work this way. There are channels named "SKDL" which have different sport event feeds which are locked to specific transponders and satellites. Those do not move just like the "regular" RSNs. The sports alternate channels (MASN2 is one of them) and the major league sports packages like NBA Leage Pass) are set to mirror whichever SKDL channel has the sporting event you want. This way the MASN2 channel (or specific sports package or sports alt channel) stays where it is numberically, but the feed can easily be moved depending on where the event is coming from.

Does that make sense? It's hard to explain. :)

See ya
Tony

Dish has many alternate sports channels and major league package channels that work this way. There are channels named "SKDL" which have different sport event feeds which are locked to specific transponders and satellites. Those do not move just like the "regular" RSNs. The sports alternate channels (MASN2 is one of them) and the major league sports packages like NBA Leage Pass) are set to mirror whichever SKDL channel has the sporting event you want. This way the MASN2 channel (or specific sports package or sports alt channel) stays where it is numberically, but the feed can easily be moved depending on where the event is coming from.

See ya
Tony

Thanks Tony. I understand that it is an alternate channel but why do they keep moving it to different transponder and satellite.

Thanks Tony. I understand that it is an alternate channel but why do they keep moving it to different transponder and satellite.

It's a virtual channel that's mirroring a transponder. That's why it keeps changing. Each day that MASN2 has content on it, Dish maps it to the transponder the signal is coming in on so they don't have to make a permanent channel out of it. Just a channel number. Makes it easier for them to keep everything linked.

See ya
Tony
Yup, it makes sense to me. I actually would think subs would be happier with this setup (a dedicated channel number for FSN Houston or FSN Wisconsin, etc.) that having to search the ALT channels to see if a game is on.

It's a virtual channel that's mirroring a transponder. That's why it keeps changing. Each day that MASN2 has content on it, Dish maps it to the transponder the signal is coming in on so they don't have to make a permanent channel out of it. Just a channel number. Makes it easier for them to keep everything linked.

Ah, finally got it. Must be the morphine I had yesterday in the ER room. :(

Yeah well sounds like OKC Locals in HD are in the works to get turned on. When the programming engineer at the station did not know for sure. But at least we know their working on it. :)

Don't shot the messenger [digiblur] !

Your post should be send to ceo@echostar.com :p

Already done that-

they are very cordial and do get back to you in a very short time.

Not with the answer I'd like to hear, but...

I believe Cleveland is now the largest demo without Dish HD coverage. Direct and TWC is there with HD.

C'mon Dish- get on the stick!!

Already done that-

they are very cordial and do get back to you in a very short time.

Not with the answer I'd like to hear, but...

Benjamin Franklin - The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts